Help us rebuild the oldest system in the world - the agricultural supply chain. Silo’s vision is to perfect supply chains for a sustainable future. We build technology solutions which bring efficiency and transparency to the agricultural supply chain, and help our customers achieve their goals. Our modern ERP & Capital Solutions dramatically increase profit, improve product freshness, and reduce food waste for farmers, wholesalers, distributors, and buyers.
We are a highly motivated, curious, and bold team of engineers, designers, business and agricultural specialists taking on the challenge of transforming a centuries old industry. We are looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to work cross functionally to realize Silo’s enormous potential.
Silo receives funding from preeminent investors like Andreessen Horowitz, Initialized Capital, Haystack, KDT, and Garry Tan. Silo is headquartered in San Francisco with distributed teams located across the United States and internationally.
As a Senior Business Analyst at Silo, you will be a pivotal force in transforming the agricultural supply chain through data-driven decision-making. This role demands a unique blend of technical skills, and sharp business acumen. You will collaborate extensively with various departments and executives, ensuring accurate data analysis, report generation, and dashboard development. Your work will involve not only defining and tracking key business metrics but also interpreting these metrics to guide strategic decisions. Your expertise will enable Silo to achieve its vision of optimizing supply chains for a sustainable future, making your role crucial in our journey towards innovation and efficiency.
- Engage cross-functionally with departments like product, marketing, sales, customer support, operations, and finance.
- Define and monitor key metrics, developing dashboards that offer actionable insights.
- Perform comprehensive analyses to underpin strategic decisions.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize data transformations and pipelines (we use DBT).
- Foster data accessibility across the organization through innovative self-service analytics.
- Actively seek ways to enhance the quality and utility of our data.
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of experience as a business or data analyst.
- Strong proficiency in SQL and Google sheets
- Experience with BI tools (e.g., Hex, Mode, Tableau).
- A hands-on, self-starter mindset, preferably with startup environment experience.
- Knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics is advantageous.
- Excellent data storytelling skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
- Python knowledge is a definite plus.
$130,000 - $160,000 a year
Silo is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation. Actual compensation will be based on multiple factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location. Salary is just one component of Silo’s total compensation package for employees.