As a Benefits Specialist in GoGlobal, you will play a pivotal role in administering and enhancing various benefits programs for the Americas region. Your responsibilities will include overseeing private medical, dental, vision, pension, and life insurance, while ensuring compliance with legal requirements. Utilizing your extensive experience in Compensation and Benefits, you will manage data processing, collaborate with the finance team for reporting, and address inquiries from team members. If you thrive in a dynamic environment, possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills, and have a passion for enhancing the employee experience, we invite you to join our team and make a meaningful impact on our organization’s success.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Administer various benefits programs, such as private medical, dental and vision, pension and life insurance, as well as benefits and perks for Americas region.
- Verify, process and maintain data relative to insurance premiums, claims and costs.
- Manage global business travel insurance process.
- Work with finance and prepare benefits data to support management reporting.
- Ensures compliance with government requirements by studying existing laws and regulations and updates to legal requirements.
- Monitors benefit utilization by preparing and distributing benefit reports.
- Provides benefits related data to internal team members as and when required.
- Resolves team member questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarising information and trends.
- Work with our global team of brokers, platforms, carriers, etc. to ensure our programs are operating efficiently.
- At least 5 years’ of experience in a Compensation and Benefits capacity. Prior experience in an EOR industry will be advantageous.
- Experience highly preferred with statutory requirements for employee benefit plans and programs in the United States, Brazil, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Peru, Puerto Rico etc.
- Five years of experience in the management of a global or regional team member benefits programs. Experience with developing, administering, and implementing benefit programs, preferably in a large and complex organisation.
- Working knowledge of human resources management principles and practices in all human resources programs preferred.
- Excellent data processing skills and attention to detail.
- Able to gather data in a comprehensible manner for team members across multiple countries.
- Global mindset to tackle diverse needs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, Spanish/Portuguese language is nice to have.
- Excellent analytical skills, good with advanced MS Excel.
- Self-motivated, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative, and responsible
- Desire to, and the ability to, work in a global team environment.
- Strong desire to solve tough problems and share learnings with others.
GoGlobal is the world’s fastest growing, privately owned Global Employer of Record (EOR) service provider with a globally distributed and remote workforce.GoGlobal’s technology-enabled EOR solution allows businesses of all sizes and geographies to hire staff globally without the need to set up a local entity, opening new doors to rapid expansion and growth. GoGlobal clients can hire top talent anywhere in the world – quickly, cost effectively and compliantly.
The pandemic has shown that people can be just as productive without a commute and that talent is global, not within close proximity to an office. We believe that this societal shift will continue indefinitely, and companies and potential candidates will need organizations like us to help them “GoGlobal.”
Why GoGlobal and how we’re different
- We’re private: We totally respect that many companies raise a lot of capital and we applaud these successes. At GoGlobal, we simply like people actually in the business to control the business.
- We’re not a rocket ship: We’re pretty happy on earth. Growth isn’t everything.
- We’re not a tech company: We fundamentally believe that this industry cannot be replaced by tech in the foreseeable future and it’s the people that make the difference.
- We’re profitable: We’re pretty prudent in how we spend money because we’re managing our business without outside investors. That said, we’re profitable and continue to grow sustainably. We sleep better at night knowing that we don’t have to raise money. Maybe it’s a little old school, but we believe businesses should be profitable to survive long term.
- We’re diverse. No, really, we are. Compare the “Our People” page on our website to others you know. We think you’ll agree!
- We’re transparent: Every month we openly share our strategy and financials so you feel ownership of your role in the company’s success.
- We’re structured as a partnership versus a corporation: We’re the only EOR in the world that’s structured this way, allowing us to attract some of the best talent since everyone has the opportunity to be a partner in the firm.
- We are the scrappy underdog: We think it’s more fun to be a pirate than to be in the navy.