As a Backend Engineer you’ll be developing new product functionalities, such as our learning and internal tools which make simpleclub special. You will play a key role in building a product and the team that will impact the way millions of students experience education and learning.
How will you make an impact:
- Dive into our agile, cross-functional team and play a pivotal role in shaping and refining our products and platform.
- Take the lead in designing and implementing innovative features that resonate with our users.
- Engage in our team’s dynamic processes. Collaborate, share insights, and help elevate our engineering practices and backend architecture.
- Your contributions go beyond code. Directly shape the way content is crafted and consumed by our users.
What we value:
- Solid Software development experience. You have 4+ years of software development experience
- Strong Computer Science and Software Development fundamentals. You hold a relevant Degree or have proven understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Product development experience. You have participated in product development efforts and initiatives from a technical perspective.
- Strong background in a range of Backend technologies. You should be familiar with Node.js, GCP, Google Cloud functions and Pub/Sub.
- Passion. You are highly passionate about developing high performing, high quality, efficient systems and understanding user problems to find solutions.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environments. Welcoming and leading through change and high ambiguity
- Outstanding communication skills. You are a strong communicator and you are able to contextualize your ideas and communicate them to small or bigger audiences.
- A team player. You bring excellent interpersonal skills, valuing collaboration, knowledge sharing and sense of ownership.
What is in for you:
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Work from anywhere
- Team events
- A great culture
- Education via Sunlight
- Join a purposeful mission
💰Your salary: We 💙 transparency. We have different levels within our salary bands, and we use these levels to determine a fair salary for each range. Your salary is reviewed at least once a year.
The salary band for this role in Germany is: 60.000 - 73.500 EUR annually gross. If you live outside of Germany, we will adapt to your local market.
We are in the process of rolling out salary bands in job descriptions to ensure we treat all employees fairly. Once we get to know each other better and your skills & experience during the interview process, we will be able to evaluate where you would fit within the salary band.
🌍simpleclub welcomes everyone. Yes, everyone:
At simpleclub we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by everyone and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
It is key to us that our employees bring themselves to work no matter what age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, color of your skin, beliefs, gender, or else.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure simpleclub remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.
simpleclub is Germany’s best-known and most popular digital learning platform for schools and vocational training with over 2 million monthly users. We offer curriculum-based learning content for schools (grades 5-13) and vocational training for industries like retail, banking, industry, IT, and logistics.
More than 200 corporate partners already work with simpleclub. Among them: Deutsche Bahn, Sparkasse, Brillux, and IHK. All content on the learning platform is prepared in-house by an expert team of authors and designers at the highest didactic level. Formats include text summaries, videos, and interactive exercises. The app also has features like a homework chat and an exam simulator.
simpleclub was founded by Nicolai Schork and Alexander Giesecke in 2012, they both act as CEOs.
The company completed a Series A funding round in 2022 and employs around 100 people. In 2021, simpleclub was voted # 1 employer among EdTech startups by Statista and Business Punk magazine.