We are Lingoda. Our mission is to build bridges around the world through language learning.
Lingoda is a fast-growing online language school enabling even the busiest people worldwide to learn a language. We offer flexible, high-quality live classes, available online 24/7.
In December 2022, we won “Best Digital Learning Product of the Year” at the Digital Education Awards 2022.
We challenge ourselves for a better society, working smart to make it happen. How? Here are 2 examples:
Our brand MATCH Talent is the Global Career Centre for international talent in Germany, supporting migrants through government-funded education programs.
In the German health sector, we support international nurses, doctors and midwives in obtaining their language and professional recognition through state-sponsored education programmes. As a result we have become one of the largest recognised educational providers in this field in Germany.
We bring together the best of people in a positive company culture, enabling personal growth and inclusion.
Our employees have unlimited access to our private and group language classes!
We are currently looking for a Backend Engineer (all genders) based in Berlin or working remotely.
Your mission with us:
You will work with a full stack engineering team building a high quality, efficient, reliable and elegant software. You will help us build a perfect product for online language learning and contribute to improving our product architecture.
- You will not only deliver business features, but also tackle purely technical tasks and clean up the existing code;
- You will be staying aware of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to usability and emerging technologies;
- You will collaborate with engineers, designers, product managers and senior leadership to deliver new new functionalities.
You bring to Lingoda:
- 3+ years of solid experience creating web applications using PHP, Symfony 4/5, and Doctrine;
- Good knowledge and practical experience with OOP and design patterns, as well as with modern architecture approaches;
- Experience with TDD and BDD;
- 4+ years of software development experience;
- You are passionate about code quality: writing tests and documentation belongs to your natural workflow;
- The ability to work together with product managers, designers, and frontend engineers to achieve a common goal;
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate within the engineering team;
- Understanding DDD and hexagonal architecture in practice;
- Fluent English skills (C level).
You add to our culture with:
- You are quality-oriented and responsible;
- Others admire you for your organised, flexible and transparent way of working;
- You are a communicative and open person;
- You are able to cooperate with team members and share knowledge and experience with them.
What you can expect from Lingoda:
- Approachable leaders and transparent communication - every voice counts at Lingoda!
- Company events and colleagues who are always happy to socialise;
- A great team spirit and passion for languages;
- A well-structured and exciting onboarding process;
- The possibility to work remotely from your home or...
- … in the office located in the heart of Berlin;
- Free access to our language classes;
- The modern hardware necessary for your work;
- Flexible working hours.
Does that sound exciting? Then, send us your CV right away!
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Your contact person for the position is Viktoria.
We ask that you please apply directly via the link provided in the job description or directly on our website. Due to GDPR regulations, applications sent otherwise will not be considered.
Please note that if you are based outside of Germany that only a freelance contract can be offered. All our contracts whether freelance or regular German employment contract start on a 2 year time period.
It is our commitment that every applicant will be evaluated according to their skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.