We are Digital Science and we are advancing the research ecosystem.
We are a pioneering technology company, and our vision is of a future where a trusted and collaborative research ecosystem drives progress for all. We believe in better, open, collaborative and inclusive research.
In creating the next generation of tools and working in partnership with the community we tackle some of the biggest challenges to research. In order to achieve our vision, we need innovative, inspiring and dynamic people to join our team.
Your New Role
We’re looking for an Application Support Developer to join our technical team. You’ll be adept at resolving technical customer queries, helping users get the most out of products - including APIs and data services - and be a strong advocate for improving customer experience.
As the primary internal point of contact for technical customer queries and issue diagnosis, you’ll work closely with our Hub Support team, partner with Product Managers and Development teams to get new customers up and running, resolve customer issues, and be a subject-matter expert in technical customer conversations.
Whether you’re digging into a sticky issue, talking a customer through their technical options, or working with the team to spec out new internal tools, you’ll need to be proactive about delivering timely and expert service, and have a great eye for detail.
The location for this role is flexible, and the successful candidate could choose to work remotely, ideally from a European or East Coast US time zone. We have European offices in both London and Iași.
What you'll be doing
- Answering 2nd line technical support tickets, performing an issue diagnosis and collaborating with the relevant Product Managers and developers to report and help resolve technical issues
- Identifying, documenting, reporting bugs and customer feature requests to share with our Product and Development teams
- Acting as a customer advocate by providing continuous feedback regarding internal support processes, product improvements and customer use cases
- Helping customers leverage data via our APIs and find the best solution to integrate our data into their systems and dashboards
- Providing technical support to the sales teams, e.g. joining calls to review potential implementations, conduct data reviews and assist customers in understanding API use cases and integration options in their existing platforms
- Spotting trends in technical support issues and working with Product Development to identify long-term solutions or improvements
- Acting as stakeholder for internal tooling improvements, ensuring the needs of the customer support team are represented
What you'll bring to the role
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Support Developer role, ideally providing technical support in a technology company
- Basic programming experience and an understanding of interacting with APIs
- Experience debugging, determining the root of issues (a “premium triage”) in order ro enable the developers to resolve complex technical issues. The most common interfaces you will be working with are web-based applications (Ruby, PHP), Altmetric or customer integration APIs and databases (MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
- Adept at translating complex technical issues and liaising between internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of basic programming concepts such as variables, loops and functions
- Foundational knowledge of databases
- Some basic knowledge of XML & HTML
- Comfortable grasping complex technical concepts, and an eagerness to build on existing technical literacy
- Customer-focused mindset and passionate about providing an outstanding customer support experience
- Excellent project and time management skills, and a keen eye for detail
- Exceptional communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Experience in dealing with a diverse range of customers and ability to communicate with people at all levels of understanding and background, internally and externally, remotely and in-person, by tailoring your approach accordingly
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- A proactive approach and commitment to providing a great customer experience
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Experience using helpdesk solutions (e.g. Freshdesk, Zendesk, Salesforce Service Cloud) and CRM tools (e.g. Salesforce)
- Domain knowledge in the area of scientific research, scholarly publishing and related tools and online platforms
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.