Together we fight for everyone’s opportunity for a better financial future.
We will do this together — with customers, partners and colleagues. We will fight for others, not against: We will stand up for and champion everyone’s access to opportunities. The status quo is not good enough … we believe every individual and every community deserves access to financial opportunities. We are determined to support both individuals and communities in reaching a better financial future. We know that reaching this future depends on our actions today.
Like our Purpose Statement, Voya believes in being bold and committed to action. We are committed to a work environment where the differences that we are born with — and those we acquire throughout our lives — are understood, valued and intentionally pursued. We believe that our employees own our culture and have a responsibility to foster an environment where we all feel comfortable bringing our whole selves to work. Purposefully bringing our differences together to positively influence our culture, serve our clients and enrich our communities is essential to our vision.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Application Penetration Tester with expertise in Mobile application security. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting thorough security assessments, vulnerability testing, and penetration testing of various applications, with a specific focus on Mobile applications. This role requires a deep understanding of the OWASP Top 10 and the ability to perform vulnerability risk and impact assessments.
- Perform penetration testing on security-critical web applications, servers, network devices, with a specific emphasis on Mobile applications.
- Identify new tactics, techniques, and technologies to continuously improve test capabilities.
- Work with project teams to scope and schedule testing to ensure a secure environment.
- Emulate Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs) of relevant threats to evaluate defense/protection mechanisms
- Develop recommendations for developers, network teams, and management to improve security
- Write technical descriptions of findings and recommendations
- Report results to security and application teams and assist with remediation
- Accommodate a flexible schedule for certain tests that require scheduling after business hours
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or related field
- Four to six years of Web and Mobile application Penetration Testing experience
- Self-starter with the initiative to drive process and procedural improvements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- CEH or similar certification
- Experience finding and exploiting common web vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, Broken Authentication, XML External Entity Injection, Command Injection, and more
- Experience with manual web penetration test tools like Burp Proxy Suite and Zed Attack Proxy
- Experience with manual penetration test tools like nmap, masscan, and Metasploit
- Experience shell scripting in Bash and Powershell; experience programming in Python, Java, or other languages
- Familiarity with threat-relevant frameworks like the Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK
- Contribution to open source frameworks and test tools is a plus
Compensation Pay Disclosure:
Voya is committed to pay that’s fair and equitable, which means comparable pay for comparable roles and responsibilities.
The below annual base salary range reflects the expected hiring range(s) for this position in the location(s) listed. In addition to base salary, Voya offers incentive opportunities (i.e., annual cash incentives, sales incentives, and/or long-term incentives) based on the role to reward the achievement of annual performance objectives. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Voya Financial is willing to pay at the time of this posting.
Actual compensation offered may vary from the posted salary range based upon the candidate’s geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
$89,020 - $111,280 USD
Be Well. Stay Well.
Voya provides the resources that can make a difference in your lives. To us, this means thriving physically, financially, socially and emotionally. Voya benefits are designed to help you do just that. That’s why we offer an array of plans, programs, tools and resources with one goal in mind: To help you and your family be well and stay well.
What We Offer
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- 401(k) Savings plan – with generous company matching contributions (up to 6%)
- Voya Retirement Plan – employer paid cash balance retirement plan (4%)
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Paid time off – including 20 days paid time off, nine paid company holidays and a flexible Diversity Celebration Day.
- Paid volunteer time — 40 hours per calendar year