agilon health is transforming healthcare by empowering community-based physicians with the resources and expertise they need to innovate the payment and delivery of care for seniors.
The agilon health Total Care Model is powered by our purpose-built platform and frees physicians from the constraints of the traditional fee-for-service reimbursement model, all enabled through a growing national network of like-minded physician partners.
With agilon health, physicians are able to practice team-based, coordinated care to serve the individual needs of their senior patients and to transition to a sustainable and predictable, long-term business model.
As you might imagine, analytics and insights are the heart of how we support our physician partners and is agilon’s special sauce. We have a strong team in place already and are looking for someone to help lead the AI team in solving some of the hardest problems in healthcare.
The team builds traditional predictive and learning ML models across many different business problems to drive targeted and actionable insights and is also looking to apply LLMs to solve our strategic needs, so you will gain exposure to and will be able to make an impact in a large number of domains.
You will coach the team, engage with stakeholders, and have the opportunity to make your own contributions with direct line of sight to improving patient outcomes and reducing medical waste. Come join the team and help make a meaningful impact in our senior members’ lives!
More about this role:
· Lead an agile AI team in designing, training, and deploying models to support a wide range of health care use cases.
· Build strong collaborations with agilon’s leadership and many different cross-functional teams, including UX, Product, Technology, Clinical, Medical Programs, Finance, and Operations.
· Drive successful project execution and clinical and business value delivery.
· Mentor data scientists to grow and live up to their full potential, and coach high-performing engineering teams.
· Provide guidance to your team on code quality, model training, and MLOps workflows in production.
· Advanced degree (PhD, MS, MBA, MD) and at least five years of experience working in production environments.
· Strong record of delivering value from machine learning projects.
· Proven experience leading teams and collaborating with stakeholders in an agile setting.
· Three years of experience with machine learning and deep learning models, ideally with hands-on experience with large language models (LLMs) or other forms of generative AI.
· Fluent with Python and SQL.
· Comfortable with AWS and hands-on experience with AWS managed services
· Ability to consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
· Excellent communicator and a nimble learner.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a record of leading successful machine learning projects, and are excited about leveraging technology to have a meaningful impact on doctors and patients, we would love to hear from you.