Marketplacer is a global SaaS Scale-up which enables our customers to create all types of marketplaces. We are recognised as one of the world’s leading providers of online marketplace software.
We are growing fast and need an experienced Account Executive to join our high-performing Sales team. You’ll focus on generating qualified leads for the sales team through your ability to connect and engage with a range of retail/e-commerce customers.
This role is an exciting opportunity to work with an in demand product within the booming eCommerce industry. For the right person, you’ll be able to grow your career as we scale globally. You’ll be the kind of salesperson who is keen to knock on every door, doesn’t get deterred easily and can have meaningful conversations with potential customers. You’ll love researching your customers and taking a strategic approach, and have a solid track record to prove it.
What you’ll do:
- Research new markets, build a pipeline of potential leads, and nurture relationships using Salesforce, LinkedIn, and other platforms
- Be the face of Marketplacer, you are the first point of contact to engage our potential customers
- Become an expert on our brand, business, and SaaS product
- Identify points of contact within target companies and reach out to prospective clients via outbound calls, emails and social media
- Qualify new leads and follow up on warm leads, own sales pipeline
- Nurture relationships with potential customers
- Book demos with qualified leads for your Account Executive team
- Meet and exceed quarterly targets
- Stay current on industry news and understand the social media landscape
What you’ve got:
- Proven B2B sales experience in the SaaS/ecommerce industry
- Ideally you’ll be familiar with the retail industry
- You can tell a great story and have a passion for technology
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal, in person/on screen and written
- Relentless drive and ability to perform in a high performing environment
What you’ll get:
- Excellent salary + commission scheme
- Opportunity to work with a high performing sales team
- The chance to join a high growth, scaling global company and the opportunities for progression that come with that
- A culture of smart, fun and values driven people, where everybody’s voice matters
- 2 extra days of leave per year to dedicate towards volunteering or helping your chosen charity
At Marketplacer, we know the value of working with people with different skills, backgrounds, and experiences, and we believe in promoting a diverse and inclusive team that is great to work with for all sorts of people. So, we strongly encourage anyone from underrepresented groups in tech to apply for this position.
Marketplacer is a world-leading technology Software as a Service (SaaS) company equipped with all the tools and functionality to supercharge commerce, building successful and scalable online marketplaces, at speed. Our leading marketplace solution takes business beyond physical stores and inventory holdings - making it easy to sell what you don’t own. Marketplacer is responsible for the business transformations of Myer, Woolworths, HMD Global - Home of Nokia phones, SurfStitch, Bob Jane T-Marts, FishBrain and Providoor to name a few.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Marketplacer was founded in 2017. Today we have hundreds of employees across Australia, New Zealand and the United States, with additional global locations due to open soon. We empower our people to work flexibly in remote settings but we love to socialise and get together in person on a regular basis as well.