At CoApp Technologies, we’re at the forefront of pioneering innovations for web-based point of sale (POS) and line of business applications with our cutting-edge B2B SaaS product. Our unique approach doesn’t seek to replace existing POS systems. Instead, we leverage our cloud-based platform and browser extension to create a seamless, client-side integration that enhances productivity and reduces errors. This integration strategy ensures that every user interaction becomes deeply integrated with their business processes, elevating the overall efficiency.
Born from the Dr. Tavel Family Eyecare legacy—a 24-location optometry practice thriving for over 80 years—CoApp is not just another startup. Backed by decades of industry experience and millions in funding, we are a pre-revenue venture on the brink of transforming the optometry sector and beyond. Our driven team includes CEO Kent, Customer Success Leader Kyle, Software Engineering Leader Jackie, and Software Engineer Jack, all dedicated to steering our product from a promising beta to a market-leading solution.
As we prepare to spin off from Dr. Tavel and emerge as an independent, fast-growing SaaS company, we’re on the lookout for a UI/UX Designer & Product Roadmap Leader. This new team member will play a pivotal role in refining our product into a robust, scalable solution that not only meets but exceeds the expectations of our users in the optometry field and expands into new markets.
As a UI/UX Designer & Product Roadmap Leader, you will be the heartbeat of our product development process. Your role is twofold: to design intuitive, functional UI/UX elements that enhance user satisfaction and to manage the product roadmap to ensure our solution, not only meets but exceeds market needs. This position is unique, requiring a blend of creative design skills, deep product insight, and methodical project management. You will be expected to:
- Become a master user of our product and the product (Acuity Logic) it integrates with, deeply understanding its capabilities and the problems it solves.
- Drive the design process from insight to execution, using tools like Figma (open to others) to create designs that are both innovative and intuitive.
- Build and maintain the product roadmap outlining major features and functionality that need to be added to the product.
- Implement and manage a robust system for road mapping, documentation, and execution within our Jira platform, ensuring that the Head of Engineering can seamlessly translate your roadmap items and designs into epics, user stories, and tasks for our agile sprints.
- Act as the keeper of prioritization, guiding the organization to focus on features and improvements that deliver maximum value.
- Collaborate closely with our sister company, Dr. Tavel, and directly engage with customers alongside our CEO and head of customer success to gather feedback and identify new opportunities for enhancement.
- A creative and thoughtful designer who is passionate about creating delightful, powerful, and functional user experiences.
- Significant experience with Figma or related tools.
- Someone who lives, eats, sleeps, and dreams about our product, always thinking about how to improve it and make it more valuable to our users.
- An individual who is curious, organized, and has a knack for ideation and articulating complex ideas to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in designing B2B SaaS apps is a plus, but not required. More importantly, we are looking for someone hungry, intensely curious, and innovative, regardless of their level of experience.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with technical and non-technical team members.
- A portfolio showcasing web/software design work, demonstrating an ability to think outside the box and deliver solutions that are not only functional but aesthetically pleasing.
- Experience in a SaaS startup is a plus.
What we offer:
- A supportive, innovative, and goal-oriented work culture.
- Competitive compensation
- PTO and 6 paid holidays
- Free eye exams and glasses for you
- Generous discounts for immediate and extended family members
- Medical, dental and life insurance