Hello, we are Atlan! 👋
A home for data teams around the world. 🏠 Atlan makes it easier for diverse data users – business users, product managers, analysts, and engineers – to collaborate effectively. (Think of what Salesforce is for sales teams or GitHub for engineering teams). (Check out our website, product tour, and docs.)
Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data
The problem: After working on 200+ data projects, we learned how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are one of the most interdisciplinary teams ever created. They’re made up of analysts, data scientists, engineers, business users – diverse people with their own tooling preferences, skill sets, and "DNA" that need to come together. This leads to collaboration chaos.
We were awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues — from troubleshooting why a number on a dashboard was incorrect to difficulties in getting access to the right data set! Atlan started with us building tools to make our own data team more agile.
These tools made our team 6x more agile, helping us take on amazing projects like building India’s National Data Platform used by India’s Prime Minister. The best part — this was built by an eight-member team, the fastest project of its kind to go live, in a record twelve months instead of the projected three years.
💡 We asked, could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That’s how Atlan was born. We’re on a mission to help data teams around the world do their lives’ best work.
Read our co-founder Prukalpa’s article on the half-a-decade backstory that drives everything we do at Atlan and our journey of failing three times before we figured out the real solution.
🚀 We’re growing fast
In the last two years, we have onboarded several dream customers, started working with some amazing partners, and watched as our team spread across 19+ countries.
In 2022 Atlan was named a Leader on the Forrester Wave for Enterprise Data Catalogs for Data Ops after also being named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps (the fastest company to do this since launch!).
Last year we also raised Series B funding with a $450million valuation. We’re backed by top investors (like Insight Partners, Sequoia, and Waterbridge) and the shapers of the modern data stack (including the founders and CEOs of Snowflake, Looker, Stitch, and DataRobot) as our early investors. 🏅
Watch this six-minute video of our journey so far and where we’re going.
We build with all our ❤️
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences across their diverse teams. Data is chaos, but that doesn’t mean that work should be! 🌟
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip, and Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with
Why is this role important for us? 🤔
- Atlan helps data teams do their lives best work (think Github for data teams) and we’re growing super fast. Today we work with teams like Nasdaq, Plaid, Cisco, Autodesk, Fifa & more.
- We are not just building a company, we are pioneering the category ofActive Metadata
- We’re on a mission to empower teams around the world with our Forrester Wave leading data collaboration platform. And now, we’re looking for a dynamic and results-driven Strategic Account Executive to play a pivotal role in our journey!
Your mission at Atlan 🌟
- As a Strategic Account Executive, you’ll be at the forefront of our growth, driving new business and forging lasting partnerships. You’ll work hand-in-hand with industry leaders, top-tier clients, and cross-functional teams to create tailored solutions that address complex challenges.
- Responsibility to manage the full sales cycle from the initial discovery call and product demo, to the trial period, and ultimately closing the deal.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to redefining our positioning, story, and product roadmap to ensure that we become generational leaders in the modern data stack.
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- As a Senior Sales hire, you have demonstrated a proven track record in consistently meeting and exceeding quota targets of $1M+.
- You’re an advisor, dedicated to under covering pain and positioning our value, therefore you will need at least 5 years of experience selling technical SaaS products to companies with 5000+ employees.
- Comfort with selling to large companies and effectively solving complex problems through data driven solutions.
- Experience project managing internal stakeholders and aligning resources to build trust within your sales cycles.
- You are excited about working in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high level of integrity and accountability.
- Passion for technology, data, and genuine excitement for shaping the future of the modern data stack.
Do your life’s best work at Atlan 🚀
At Atlan, our mission is to help data teams do their life’s best work. Inside Atlan, our goal is to help Atlanians do their life’s best work while at Atlan and reach their Ikigai.
We’d normally invite potential Atlanians to our office to meet our team and understand our culture. But since the global pandemic, we’ve opened up our internal team handbook instead, which is a great read about our values and principles and how we think about growth and internal practices as we build a dream team.