Apollo.io is the leading go-to-market solution for revenue teams, trusted by over 500,000 companies and millions of users globally, from rapidly growing startups to some of the world’s largest enterprises. Apollo.io provides sales and marketing teams with easy access to verified contact data for over 270 million B2B contacts, along with tools to engage and convert these contacts in one unified platform. By helping revenue professionals find the most accurate contact information and automating the outreach process, Apollo.io turns prospects into customers. Apollo raised a series D in 2023 and is backed by top-tier investors, including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and more, and counts the former President and COO of Hubspot, JD Sherman, among its board members. Apollo.io is growing rapidly, with 900% revenue growth since 2021, and is looking for world-class talent to keep building with us.
Your Role & Mission
At Apollo.io, we believe that our customers are our greatest advocates and inspiration, and we strive to humanize and build empathetically for their needs. As we scale our product, we are prioritizing improving ease of use, delightfulness, and overall user experience dimensions, and we’re looking for a Staff Researcher to play a key role in the upcoming phases of our journey.
As a Staff Researcher, you will be integral to driving forward our customer-centric vision—partnering with stakeholders to run critical research projects while helping to grow our research team alongside our Product & Design orgs.
We’re looking for someone who is both genuinely interested in & has the skills to take on ownership of complex projects within a hyper-growth company: a creative thinker who can trailblaze new approaches to interpreting data and drive meaningful impacts to our product & company strategy.
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Engineering, and leadership to identify and prioritize research topics with the greatest impact.
- Build and execute end-to-end research projects that incorporate qualitative & quantitative data and modern research methods to gain deep user insights & broad market context to impact product and company-level strategy.
- Deeply understand Apollo’s business, market, users & experiences through consumption of relevant external and internal literature, market and competitive trends, and new, primary research.
- Conduct research across all stages of the product development lifecycle - directing foundational, strategic, iterative, and evaluative studies as needed.
- Synthesize research findings into actionable recommendations and deliver them in the form of compelling, high quality deliverables for team and executive level audiences.
- Define and measure UX approaches and metrics, including introducing new and innovative approaches to better engage with user experiences.
- Democratize access to research for stakeholders by building research programs, platforms, and toolkits that empower them to conduct tactical research.
- Become a thought leader and champion for customers within the Product & Design organization. Day-to-day:
- Continuously and measurably increase customer satisfaction metrics through the generation of insights that drive concrete, actionable change.
- Deliver outstanding research that combines rigorous methodologies with strong analytics to meaningfully impact product development in a customer-centric manner.
- Serve as respected, essential partners for design, product, and engineering—offering the strategic foundations for engaging with our customers’ perspectives at all stages of product development.
- Drive innovation in product thinking through the utilization of novel methods and approaches to evaluating design processes.
- Uphold the highest ethical standards for our product teams, and provide continuous inputs on how to make our product the most sensitive and responsive to our customers’ privacy and security needs.
- Build bridges between customers and our product teams that allow development to occur in a manner that is always responsive to our customers’ expectations, desires, and needs.
- Jack-of-all-research-methods: proficient in a wide variety of mixed methods (1:1 interviews, focus groups, surveys, behavioral analyses, card sorting, tree testing, etc.) and know exactly when & why to rely on different combinations of quantitative and qualitative methods for a research plan. Can get started with minimal guidance.
- Pragmatic & highly tactical: grounds research priorities in prioritized objectives that will drive tangible user, customer, and business value.
- Growth-oriented: loves the process of developing, and enjoys learning new skills and figuring out the most effective ways for communicating research to stakeholders.
- Reflexive and dynamic: knows how to resolve tough issues in an ambiguous space and tailor research methods to the needs of relevant audiences. Knows how to move quickly and efficiently.
- Autonomous ownership: independently identifies research opportunities to improve the desirability, usability, and delight of business-critical product experiences and have a sense of pride in your work that takes you above and beyond what is requested.
- Proactive strategist: understands the importance of learning from different viewpoints and are able to partner cross-functionally to develop research plans that garner insights from across an entire organization.
- Excellent communicator: clear and effective in verbal and written communication, and able to build compelling narratives to influence cross-functional stakeholders.
- Proven: diverse portfolio of projects clearly demonstrates tackling complex problem areas and the outcomes driven.
- Empathetic and kind disposition: a team player who is resilient in the face of challenges. Enjoys collaborating with peers & users, and they enjoy collaborating with them. Authentic, humble, and sensitive to the needs of others.
What You’ll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees’ careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You’ll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We’re very collaborative at Apollo, so you’ll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You’ll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you’ll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!