At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
In the Platform team, we are solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. We provide the underlying system that ingests tens of petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of officers around the world. We ensure that these videos are uploaded accurately, stored safely and permanently, and with audit-logging to track chain of custody and use. We also handle a growing set of other types of evidence: audio, photographs, sensor streams, you name it. We are one of the world’s largest customers of Blob storage.
We are now at the ‘knee of the curve’, as we are transitioning to industrial-strength reliability and modern cloud software offerings. If you enjoy working on large-scale projects, and collaboratively leading and setting the technical direction of a team, this role is for you.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from USA (US Citizens only)
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Direct Reports: None
- Lead coding, configuration management, and code reviews to improve individual systems
- Tackle the difficult problems we face in a long term sustainable manner
- Mentor the more junior members of the team and join forces with our application pillar peers to make the best decision for the applications as it relates to their consumption of SQL/NoSQL technologies
- Moving their team/group from manual/operational work on database to automation.
- Migrating larger on-premises or VM based database offerings to PaaS or k8s based offerings
- Join forces with team peers and our application pillar peers to make the best decision for the applications as it relates to their consumption of datastore technologies.
- Developing automation and designs that allow application teams to scale up and out
- Partner with our application teams to troubleshoot and suggest optimizations around data service
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, OR graduate of coding boot camp, or related field experience
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Working knowledge of Linux based systems and Shell commands and scripting.
- Experience with Cloud hosted services (i.e. built and deployed under Azure, AWS, or another cloud provider).
- Experience and with one or more SQL, noSQL, or streaming data system, and interested in acquiring deep expertise in same.
- Interested in writing tools/automation and documentation to allow teams to “self-serve” without routing through you.
- Bonus: Terraform
- Double Bonus: Ansible and Ansible Tower/AWX
This position involves handling of classified federal data; under federal regulations, it is open to US Citizens only
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices