Komoot is a service that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with its easy route planner. Driven by a love for nature and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, komoot helps you explore more of the great outdoors—wherever and however you want. And we’re good at it. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times. Today, with over 35 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, we are well on our way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our 100% remote team and start your adventure with komoot.
About the role
To help us make komoot.com the place to go for people around the world to plan their outdoor adventures, we’re looking for an ambitious web developer to join our fully remote team of 120+ people. In this role, you can work in a small, cross-functional team and bring your creative freedom to your programming. You’ll also be part of a developer team, syncing with a team of six world-class web developers and working with them on interesting projects from conception to completion.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Develop end-to-end solutions, including concept, roadmap planning, implementation, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Team up with Evan, Johannes, Ben, Ryan, Lukas, and Lucas to build a state-of-the-art web app with more than 35 million users.
- Create web features with one of our cross-functional squads of backend developers, mobile developers, designers, copywriters, SEO, QA, data analysts, and product experts.
- Release frequently with continuous builds, testing, and direct team feedback.
Why you will love it
- Your work will contribute to helping millions of people enjoy lovely outdoor experiences.
- We’ve been a remote-working company since 2017, meaning: We are remote by default, have frameworks and systems in place, and know how to do it well.
- You can work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- We have your costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work-from-home office setup and the latest devices and equipment to do your best work.
- You’ll become an essential part of our diverse and international team with colleagues based in 15+ countries across Europe.
- 38 paid days off (inclusive public holidays) – you are free to take those days whenever it suits you, including a well-deserved winter holiday break.
- We love seeing people grow. That’s why each team member gets €2,000 and 3 additional days to spend on professional development each year. Classes, conferences, books – your choice!
You’ll be successful in this role if you
- Have 2+ years of professional experience in developing high-quality production React.
- Have professional experience with TypeScript.
- Know how to build scalable web apps with Node.js and how to run them on cloud computing platforms like AWS.
- Bring experience working with components, pattern libraries, and CSS.
- Love to develop remarkable products with a focus on a great user experience.
- Are happy working on web application features while staying conscious of SEO and accessibility.
- Have experience with continuous integration, deployment, and monitoring.
- Are highly self-driven, responsible, and keen to learn and improve.
- Are a great communicator in a diverse, international, and fully remote team.
Not sure if you meet all requirements above? Don’t sweat it – if you think you’re the right person anyway, we’d love to hear from you!
Curious about how we work?
- Core Communication time between 10 am - 3 pm (Berlin Time). We know people have different lifestyles, which is why we have flexible working hours with core time for synchronous interaction. You can organize your workday in the way that best suits you, your family, and your needs.
- We work on a project basis in cross functional teams to ensure that we collaborate on our goals, move forward smoothly with open lines of communication, and achieve results as a team.
- Every Monday morning, we have a whole-company presentation where you hear about projects across the business, inspire each other, and share great work.
- We connect in person at three whole-company gatherings each year in beautiful locations. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote.
- We use tools like Trello, Slack, Miro, Zoom, and Google Workspace on a daily basis to stay connected, collaborate easily, and manage projects.
Dive a little deeper and learn…
- More about our team here: Meet the Team
- More about how we work here: How We Work
- More about our recruitment process and FAQs here: FAQs
We support diversity and inclusivity and welcome all prospective applicants. We have an ongoing recruitment process (no deadlines) – if this role is online, it means it’s still open!