At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
Join our Web Strategy team as a key player in shaping our website’s strategy and user experience. In this role, you’ll leverage your expertise in UX/UI design to drive leads and pipeline growth in a dynamic, agile environment.
- Lead user research and apply user-centered design principles
- Create journey maps, wireframes, and prototypes aligned with brand standards
- Develop high-fidelity visual designs, focusing on layout, typography, and interactivity
- Utilize data visualization to enhance user experience and visual hierarchy
- Collaborate closely with engineering to deliver ready-to-implement specifications
- Manage projects effectively from conception to launch
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 10 years in UX/UI design, notably in large tech and eCommerce environments
- Track record of leading design projects from concept to launch
- Excellent communicator, able to articulate design concepts concisely and effectively
- Adaptability and a mindset geared towards growth
- Mastery of Figma and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- A portfolio demonstrating a range of web and app design experiences
- Deep understanding of design systems and UI fundamentals
- Experience applying in both qualitative and quantitative user research
- Competence in planning and executing user research through platforms like usertesting.com
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and web technologies
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
Desirable additional skills
- Web illustration creation
- Interactive design and prototyping
- Animation skills
Education / equivalent experience
Bachelor’s degree in Design, User Experience, Graphic Design, Information Design, Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent/relevant work experience
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $126,000 - $154,000
- For New York City, Washington, and California (excluding Bay Area) based hires: Estimated annual salary of $141,000 - $173,000
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $149,000 - $182,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave