GiveCampus is the world’s leading fundraising platform for non-profit educational institutions. Trusted by 1,300+ colleges, universities, and K-12 schools, our mission is to help advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education. We received a seed investment from Y Combinator in 2015 and have pursued a strategy of ’Sustainable Growth’ ever since: achieving six consecutive years of profitability and positive cash-flow while more than quadrupling our revenue, our customer base, and our team. In 2022, we raised $50 million to accelerate the next stage of our growth.
Through The GiveCampus Social Mobility Initiative, we’ve donated $1 million in free fundraising support for programs that help low-income students, first-generation students, and underrepresented minorities. And in 2022 and 2023, we were named to Y Combinator’s Top Companies list and the Inc. 5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
While we operate at meaningful scale (we’ve facilitated more than $4 billion in charitable giving), we’re still small relative to the commercial and social good opportunities in front of us. Every GiveCampus employee has a substantial impact on our trajectory, and we’re growing to help schools achieve even greater results.
Our purpose-driven team of 90+ is located across the US: team members work from anywhere they choose. We have a beautiful 12,000sf office in Washington, DC that is available for people to use whenever they want, and we regularly organize team meet-ups, events, and retreats in various locations. We’re looking to expand our team with diverse and collaborative doers who believe in our mission and the transformative power of affordable, high-quality education.
We are looking for a brilliant and energetic Senior Software Engineer to join GiveCampus and help us take the platform to the next level. You will be a key member of our team, making technical decisions that will shape the company’s future. You will hit the ground running with our stack and you are someone who loves to brainstorm, write code, create new features, and have a big impact. We are headquartered in Washington, DC, but are hiring across the US (we are a fully remote workforce).
Responsibilities will include:
- Working on the full stack, from UI elements to backend services including getting into database tuning and performance.
- Iterating quickly, building new features from start to finish and back end to front end, including architecture design, coding, automated testing, and supporting in production.
- Working closely with and supporting your teammates in an agile development environment
- Tackling a wide variety of technical issues throughout our stack and contributing to all parts of the code base and shared documentation.
- Participating in the support of the platform on a rotational basis (team based support and paired 24/7 on call rotation)
What we are looking for:
- Functional, real world programming experience (vs. theoretical).
- Experience with MVC frameworks such as Rails, Django, Pyramid, etc.
- The ability to hold your own on the front end and the back end.
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks like React and Vue.js
- SQL database experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite).
- Experience with deployments to Heroku, AWS, or similar.
- Experience balancing swift and long-term code maintainability.
- 5 plus years of hands-on development experience
Bonus points if you have:
- Deep expertise with Ruby/Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with Postgres database administration.
- Shipped code that has supported tens of thousands of users, including enterprise/business customers.
- Operations experience and how it pertains to site reliability/speed.
- Familiarity with networking, caching, database, and how to triage performance and stability issues.
- Experience working on a fundraising/crowdfunding platform.
- Experience working on a fintech or payments technology product.
- A good eye for intuitive, user-friendly front end design.
Ready to apply?
Complete the application by clicking on the ’Apply To Position’ button. Applications will remain open until we find the perfect person for this role.
Be sure to keep an eye on your spam and promotions boxes in case our emails end up there!