At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we’re proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World’s Most Admired Companies™.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
The SRE will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow Operations team focusing on Performance and instance availability. This includes being the last point of escalation within the Operations department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
Duties will also include but are not limited to:
- Provide relief and sustainable resolution to issues within our infrastructure.
- Use your experience in software development, systems engineering and networking to proactively prevent repeatable issues.
- Drive initiatives with partner teams to improve the reliability and performance of the infrastructure through improved system design.
- Drive a culture of intolerance to manual activity which results in a highly automated environment delivering scalable solutions.
**Please note this is a Night shift role which could be either Sun-Wed or Wed-Sat, and includes a shift allowance to compensate**
To be successful in this role you have:
- Degree in computer science / engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 6 years experience working in IT operations.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Strong Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Postgres)
- Advanced Unix/Linux experience
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Experience diagnosing performance degradation (e.g. explain plans, database tuning)
- Experience working well in a team environment while also being able to work productively while unsupervised
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers
- Excellent time management skills
- Networking skills, IP addressing and routing.
- Monitoring of large and scalable systems, applications and networks.
The following additional skills are preferred but not required:
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Advanced object oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following Technical Skills
- Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
- Data Extraction Technologies (e.g. JDBC, ODBC)
- Any bi-directional, automated integration between two systems
- TCP/IP, Networking knowledge
- Experience with Splunk
- Understanding of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, and/or CMDB