With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK’s portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
OpenTable is seeking a highly talented and motivated Senior Security Engineer to drive initiatives that protect the security of our customers. This is a high-impact role with the opportunity to work with the latest technologies across multiple security subject areas, and in an environment that encourages original thinking as well as innovative approaches. This individual will be responsible for customer data security, the restaurant’s systems, and our employee’s interactions with our infrastructure. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering while maintaining data integrity and security.
In this role, you will:
- Help the organization evolve its application security functions and services
- Complete threat modeling, design reviews, and consult for teams throughout the company
- Work with the product team to drive business enablement through requirement gathering and risk analysis.
- Partner with the engineering team to operate, maintain, and troubleshoot the web application firewall
- Build tools to simplify and automate the application security program
- Perform validation of security controls to align with compliance and industry best practices
- Translate security findings into actionable remediation and mitigation steps
- Participate in incident response and lead a security incident
- Collaborate with Offensive Security and Threat Intelligence teams to identify novel vulnerabilities
- Take a leadership role in working across the company on security projects
- Assess and implement vendor security solutions that support our mission
Please apply if you have:
- 5-7 years in the security industry
- A breadth of knowledge and experience in application, infrastructure, and systems security
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and are a fast learner
- Deep experience operating web application firewalls
- Experience running a bug bounty program, including triaging and providing strategic recommendations to engineering leads
- Hacker mentality and passion for security; thinking like an attacker
- A strong understanding of software design and implementation
- Professional development experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this remote United States-based role is $140,000-$178,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: annual cash bonus, equity grant; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.