Who are OnBuy?
OnBuy are an online marketplace who are on a mission of being the best choice for every customer, everywhere.
We have recently been named one of the UK’s fastest-growing tech companies in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 for the third year in a row (as well as ’Fastest-Growing Tech Business in the South West’).
All achievements we are very proud of, but we don’t let that go to our head. We are all laser focused on our mission and understand the huge joint effort ahead of us needed to succeed.
Working at OnBuy:
We are a team of driven and motivated people who thrive when working at pace. To succeed at OnBuy you need to take charge and fully own your responsibilities, rolling your sleeves up when needed to ’get it done’. Working at OnBuy you are surrounded by so much opportunity, but you must possess the ability to stay focused and prioritise ruthlessly. Most importantly, you will thrive in an ever-changing environment as we are constantly evolving.
At OnBuy, you’re not just a number or another cog in a machine. We are creating something really special, and you have the opportunity to affect meaningful change and have your voice heard.
We are a close team, who have the opportunity to learn and grow as OnBuy evolves. We work in a flexible way, meaning we can prioritise our health and relationships, but when we are working, we graft.
As a Senior PHP Developer, you will work within one of the cross-functional teams, each comprising of 4-6 developers. You will build and maintain solutions within our eCommerce Marketplace platform.
Our tech stack is comprised of a custom MVC monolith, with supporting Laravel microservices.
Your role will involve:
- Designing and implementing new systems that scale
- Conducting code reviews, maintaining coding standards, and collaborating with colleagues
- Maintaining legacy code; as well as writing new, modern, greenfield code
We’re looking for:
- Senior level experience in writing well architected, SOLID PHP 8
- Ability to design and build versioned RESTful APIs
- Understanding of using MySQL at scale
- Experience with asynchronous programming (we use RabbitMQ and PubSub)
- Test-driven workflow (i.e. PHPStan and PHPUnit drives your modern development)
Other desirable skills & knowledge:
- Prior experience in eCommerce systems
- Experience with microservice architecture
- Engineering for cloud (we use GCP)
- NoSQL data stores (we use Couchbase)
- Self-hosted search (we use Solr)
- Agile software development
The salary range on offer for this role is £55,000 - £60,000 per annum, depending on experience.
In return for helping us to grow, we’ll offer you company equity, meaning you own a piece of this business we are all working so hard to build.