To capture the hearts and minds of millions of players across the world by creating unforgettable games powered by the best technology.
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
Why you’ll want to come to work:
As our Senior Manager, People Operations you’ll be responsible for our most valuable asset - our people. This opportunity calls for an innovative people and culture champion to work alongside our business leaders to develop a high-performing workplace.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the VP, People to create and implement a variety of key people programs and refine internal people processes and systems to enable our teams to do their best work. We’re seeking a true people expert, with proven success in a growing company, to strategically evolve our performance development, total rewards, organizational design and employee engagement programs. As an ambassador for PlayQ culture, you’ll work closely with a variety of people across all departments and be the ’go to’ person for building a great place to work.
This is an ideal position for a professional who wants to roll up their sleeves and get involved in all parts of the people function from operations to business partner work. We are looking for someone who is excited by delivering impactful results and fostering cohesion for a global team. If you’re passionate about creating a meaningful work experience for our team, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll get to create:
- Execute on all aspects of people operations within a comprehensive people strategy aligned with the PlayQ’s chartered path
- Optimize key people programs including but not limited to: performance development, organizational planning, total rewards, and internal processes/communication
- Work closely with the Director, Talent to onboard and retain top talent
- Design and implement learning and development programs to enhance employee skills in line with evolving business objectives.
- Provide proactive Business Partner support to managers and employees across the organization
- Develop relationships as a trusted and reliable people resource for our team by effectively troubleshooting both people and operational issues
- Leverage data to guide strategic decisions; proactively find ways to collect and utilize data
- Own and enhance all people technology system usage; optimize technology for automation and efficiency whenever possible
- Oversee all day-to-day people administration including immigration coordination, payroll and benefits administration, annual open enrollment, compliance, employee relations and other miscellaneous people processes
- Own all aspects of employee onboarding and offboarding
- Establish opportunities for meaningful team engagement by reimagining current company events, communication, activities and daily interactions
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- 7-10+ years of HR/People Operations experience in a startup and/or mid-size organization
- Strong Google Sheets or Excel skills
- Interest in and resourcefulness around technology, especially HR platforms
- Highly principled and trustworthy
- Effective presentation skills and experience leading training programs
- Experience successfully building, implementing and adopting people programs and initiatives
- Experience working with a global team
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Ability to establish strong relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality
- Strikingly unique balance of excellent communication and time management skills coupled with an extreme attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Experience using various people tools such as Rippling, Human Interest, 15Five and Greenhouse
If you gotten this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this role. Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to meet people who believe in PlayQ’s mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who check all the boxes.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability & pet insurance
- Flexible time off
- Unmatched learning opportunities and mission driven team
- Advancement and mentorship opportunities
- 401K plan with company match
- Flexible Workplace: PlayQ’s workplace includes a combination of both in-office, hybrid and remote roles. Our flexible approach to the workplace experience, internal comms, and tech stack promote collaboration, communication, and camaraderie!
- Brand new creative office space equipped with tons of natural light, communal areas for collaboration and free parking
- Walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, and the metro
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Monthly team building events and cross departmental lunches
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn’t love games?
At PlayQ, we leverage competitive benchmarking data when setting each role’s base pay range. Individual base salary will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, scope of role, business need and geographic location.
- In-office location: Santa Monica, CA
- This role is open to remote employees located in select US states including California, Washington, Nevada, Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York and Georgia.
- This role is offered as a full time position.