At Community Phone, we believe that everyone deserves access to reliable and affordable communication services. We’re a mission-driven company, committed to providing exceptional landline service that keeps our customers connected to what matters most- starting with our seniors who deserve a landline service that doesn’t just connect them, but protects them. We’re also revolutionizing the business landscape by keeping them in constant contact with their customers. No more missed opportunities or frustrating interactions with automated systems. We’re not just providing a service; we’re fostering relationships.
If you’ve ever felt the frustration of dealing with mega corporations that nickel and dime you, we get it. No robots, no scams, and definitely no hidden fees. Imagine a world where your call is answered by a human, scams are a thing of the past, and you’re not constantly watching your wallet. We prioritize transparency and trust, offering simple contracts that are free from hidden fees.
Our innovative technology enables any traditional landline phone to connect over the cellular network through a SIM card inside of our landline base, ensuring uninterrupted service (with power back-up) without the need for Wi-Fi, while offering best in class software features like robust spam call blocking.
As a venture-backed, Y-Combinator graduate, we’ve evolved from a small team in 2018 to now over 80 fully remote team members spread across 15 countries and even more time zones. We proudly serve over 17,000 customers and clients, ranging from seniors to small businesses to franchises across the United States. As we continue to grow, we’re looking for folks who share our passion for improving the lives of our customers through both technology and human connection.
Join us in redefining the narrative, where communication is personal, secure, and built on trust. Let’s connect the dots – one call at a time.
🌟 About the role
Our small marketing team has demonstrated there is a huge opportunity for top-of-the-funnel content and SEO to drive a significant portion of our revenue. We have hundreds of thousands of organic search visitors per month, a domain rating high enough to compete with the big names, and a long list of opportunities at each stage of the funnel.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Content and SEO to take advantage of this momentum, develop a content strategy that starts with our customers, build up the funnel, and contribute significantly to our 2024 growth goals.
🚀 You will...
- Own a budget and a revenue goal, set the path to hit it, and execute.
- Secure our position as the owner of the landline phone service organic search space.
- Talk to customers to learn how we solve their problems, and create content that tells their stories.
- Keep our customers engaged through email and print newsletters, sharing our customer’s stories and making it a delightful experience to be a Community Phone customer.
- Drive upsell and referral programs by communicating the full value of our product to our customers.
- Leverage these customer interviews to create middle and top-of-the-funnel content that attracts and converts new leads.
- Identify content-led opportunities to attract new qualified traffic.
🏆 You are...
- A Seasoned Content and SEO Vet, with at least 6 years of experience in either B2C or B2SMB content marketing. Huge bonus if you’ve taken content engines from 1 to 100.
- An Owner, who wants to set ambitious goals and hit them by orchestrating contractors, agencies, and team members.
- Customer-obsessed, you love to create content that actually helps real people, not just high-traffic, low-intent content that serves search engines.
- Experienced +, with more than just email and blog content: you meet customers where they are, whether that’s video, audio, print, or social media.
- Curious and open to pull at the threads and follow the opportunity, no matter what stage of the funnel.
- Cross-functionally collaborative, you have worked with support and sales teams to understand what content our customers need, rather than just relying on search volume.
💙 Community Phone Culture
Community Phone has a customer-obsessed culture. We are looking for team members who love our product and mission and see the remote first environment as a bonus.
Beyond the job description, here are some traits members of our team share:
We value Curiosity and learning in our employees. We promote open-mindedness, embrace mistakes, and encourage challenging questions for personal growth. We create a culture of continuous learning to empower our team to tackle challenges and excel in their roles.
Efficiency in everything. We operate lean, optimizing resources to improve our products and deliver a world-class customer experience. We prioritize value over excess, embodying a scrappy and resourceful spirit to achieve our mission and values.
We prioritize taking decisive action over deliberation, recognizing that building a world-class product requires pushing personal limits and taking risks. We believe that a Bias Toward Action is essential for achieving our goals and delivering exceptional results to our customers.
We strive for Transparency and prioritize open, Direct communication. This helps us resolve issues quickly and build strong relationships with our stakeholders.
We take our work seriously and see it as a reflection of who we are. We’re always looking for ways to improve and are open to feedback. We approach our work with a sense of ownership and a desire to deliver the best possible results. By embodying a Founder Mindset, we’re able to achieve our goals and create exceptional products.
We value a Caring Mentality. Our customers come first, and we collaborate to provide exceptional service. We prioritize teamwork over personal accolades, fostering a customer-focused culture that drives our success and promotes a supportive work environment.