Work From Anywhere in the U.S. - Remote #LI-Remote
Level Ex is a fast-growing game studio that creates video games for doctors.
Our games feature thrilling medical cases built with the highest standards of game design and deliberate game mechanics. They also employ state-of-the-art graphics and physics technology, supported by the latest generation tech, allowing us to craft breathtaking virtual anatomy: custom-built GPU-based fluids, tissues, and soft-body systems that look and react like the real deal.
We attract top artists, engineers, designers, and others from prominent gaming franchises, like Mortal Kombat, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Star Wars. Our caliber of talent keeps us in the forefront of the industry: GDC ranked our game design talk #2 of 194 for sponsored sessions in 2019, and we earned 2nd place at SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live! 2019, sharing the stage with Epic, Unity, Digital Domain, and others. Meet some of our incredible team here, and learn why you’ll enjoy our company and culture - Video: Why Join Level Ex?
We’re looking for a self-directed, agile, and experienced Senior Game Designer to join our team.
- Representing the player in all aspects of game design in order to deliver a compelling and entertaining gameplay experience
- Thriving in a dynamic, always evolving environment while working on short projects, making quick turnarounds, and delivering quality game designs
- Concepting, implementing, and iterating on key gameplay elements and designs
- Working directly with the Creative Director to ensure that the overall design vision and all aspects of gameplay are being properly executed and communicated
- Prototyping concepts and gameplay in-engine
- Collaborating with a variety of developers, researchers, and medical professionals incorporating their feedback into compelling and exciting gameplay mechanics
- Owning game systems and championing ideas
- Self-directed concepting, implementing, and iterating on key gameplay elements and designs
- Creating and maintaining detailed game design documentation
- Evangelizing your designs and defending them without ego
- Mentoring other game designers
- Minimum of 6+ years of hands-on game design experience working at a professional game studio(s) (required)
- Experience designing for mobile platforms (required)
- Experience prototyping in-engine with Unity3D and/or Unreal Engine (required)
- 2 or more commercially released games on mobile, PC, or console platforms
- A thoughtful design collaborator with a deep understanding of player experiences across a variety of genres and audiences
- Understanding of the psychology of game design, and experience applying those principles in new kinds of design and game mechanics
- Extensive experience prototyping in-engine with Unity3D and/or Unreal Engine
- In-depth understanding of game mechanics across a wide range of genres
- Management and/or mentoring experience
- Experience with Educational or Instructional Design
- The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $105,000 annually, based on experience and qualifications
Benefits & Perks
- Multiple health insurance plans, one with 100% company-paid premiums at all levels
- 401(k) with generous company-paid match
- Family-friendly benefits; 4 weeks of PTO, 2 weeks of company holidays, dental, vision, optional pet insurance, and more!
- In-person and remote-friendly events, i.e., board games tabletop simulator, Jackbox Games, DEI events, game jams, virtual happy hours