At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
Webflow recently launched App Marketplace to help our customers connect their marketing and design tools without needing engineering or development effort. We are looking for a Senior Developer Support Engineer to bridge our developer community and our internal engineering and product teams. In this role, you’ll build, maintain, and grow strong relationships internally and externally to help scale the success of Webflow developers. You’ll be a trusted advisor in providing technical guidance to our developers by troubleshooting and helping to remove roadblocks. You’ll craft documentation and code samples and help evolve our support strategies so that building and launching powerful Webflow apps is as seamless and flexible as possible.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Exempt status
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $130,000 - $178,000 for most US locations and $144,000 - $198,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills
As a Senior Developer Support Engineer, you’ll...
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with developers, fostering a vibrant and collaborative developer community
- Act as a trusted technical advisor, helping developers understand and utilize our tools effectively
- Answer developer questions through Slack, Webflow’s customer forum, Zendesk, and email
- Collaborate within the DevRel team to develop and maintain high-quality technical documentation, tutorials, and sample code to support developers building Apps for Webflow Marketplace
- Partner with product and engineering teams to provide insights from our developer community, ensuring a tight feedback loop and helping enrich our product development lifecycle
- Represent Webflow’s developer platform at conferences, meetups, live streams, and other events
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we’ll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Developer Support Engineer if you...
- Have 3+ years of experience developing applications with REST API and web technologies
- Have 5+ years of experience in a customer facing role, with a focus on Developers
- Are passionate about empowering developers build on Webflow
- Enjoy working cross-functionally and wearing multiple hats
- Enjoy writing developer facing documentation
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to diverse audiences
- Bonus points if you’ve built an App on Webflow’s developer ecosystem!
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers