At Olo, we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. If you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, chances are, we’ve made that happen!
As a member of the Database Reliability Engineering team, you will build solutions to ensure our database systems are reliable, fast, scalable, and secure. You will implement automated processes to streamline database operations and enable self-service capabilities to accelerate the engineering organization. If you are passionate about database automation and developer enablement, this may be the perfect role for you.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design and build automated solutions using infrastructure-as-code to provision, configure, and scale Olo’s database systems.
- Streamline database operations by automating routine administrative tasks.
- Analyze system resource requirements and usage and implement cost-efficient solutions to manage capacity and optimize performance.
- Monitor system availability and performance using mature observability practices to detect and alert on emerging problems.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop, review, and deploy well-written and performant database code, with a focus on optimizing for efficiency and scalability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners and stakeholders to gather requirements, plan, and execute on projects such as product releases, database migrations, and system upgrades.
- Contribute to documentation of team processes and database engineering guidelines, patterns, and best practices.
- Participate in a sustainable 24/7 on-call rotation.
What We’ll Expect From You
- Experience running Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL in the cloud.
- Experience supporting enterprise-grade, highly available, highly scalable production systems.
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management tools such as Terraform and Ansible.
- Experience automating database operations using scripting and procedural languages such as PowerShell, Python, Go, T-SQL, PL/pgSQL, and bash.
- Experience tuning, optimizing, and scaling databases in high-performance, high-volume, high-uptime environments.
- Experience developing, reviewing, and deploying database code utilizing source control and automated CI/CD workflows.
- Experience with other data technologies, including MongoDB, Kafka, Redis, and ElasticSearch, is a plus.
- Embracing a growth mindset to tackle challenges and solve ambiguous, complex problems.
- A passion for sharing knowledge and mentoring others.
Olo is the engine of hospitality powering the restaurant industry’s digital transformation. As a leading open SaaS platform, we enable over 600 restaurant brands to jointly reach 85 million connected guests across approximately 84,000 locations. More than two million orders per day run on Olo’s platform, allowing brands to maximize the convergence of digital and brick-and-mortar operations while raising the bar on hospitality. The result: brands do more with less and make every guest feel like a regular. With integrations to over 300 technology partners, our customers can build digital experiences with the largest and most flexible restaurant commerce ecosystem on the market. You have likely used Olo and not even known it! Learn more at olo.com.
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you’re in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo’s headquarters, located in Tribeca. We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $140k-160k annually for a Senior I and $172k-192k annually for a Senior II, depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.