Pomelo Care is a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians, engineers and problem solvers who are passionate about improving care for moms and babies. We are transforming outcomes for pregnant people and babies with evidence-based pregnancy and newborn care at scale. Our technology-driven care platform enables us to engage patients early, conduct individualized risk assessments for poor pregnancy outcomes, and deliver coordinated, personalized virtual care throughout pregnancy, NICU stays, and the first postpartum year. We measure ourselves by reductions in preterm births, NICU admissions, c-sections and maternal mortality; we improve outcomes and reduce healthcare spend.
As Pomelo’s first Senior Business Recruiter, you will own the full lifecycle of Pomelo’s business roles, from sourcing through to the job-offer stage. You’ll collaborate closely with hiring managers to support our highest priority needs. The right candidate is comfortable in an early-stage environment and energized by rapid growth.
In this role, you will:
- Attract, source, and screen applicants using a variety of innovative techniques
- Ensure all roles have clear competencies and rubrics for hiring to eliminate bias and ensure we maintain a consistent, high talent bar
- Become an expert in selling Pomelo’s story, our growth trajectory, business priorities, and culture
- Evaluate profiles of potential candidates and conduct preliminary phone screen assessments
- Coordinate and schedule at all stages of the interview process
- Build and maintain proactive relationships with potential candidates to create a pipeline of talent
- Establish and maintain efficient feedback loops with all internal stakeholders in Pomelo’s clinical recruitment process
- Build pipeline of talent to support staffing for future openings, and work to nurture relationships and engage potential future candidates
Who you are:
- 4-5+ years of experience in recruiting, ideally for roles in G&A, finance, customer success, marketing, etc.
- Proven success in a startup and/or fast paced environment, with strengths in adaptability and prioritization
- Depth of knowledge in recruiting best practices, especially related to hiring medical professionals
- Experience in direct-sourcing of talent using multiple mechanisms (e.g., Linkedin Recruiter, Sourcing boards, boolean search, direct networking)
- Commitment to driving diversity, equity & inclusion initiatives and a strong personal conviction toward combating racism
- Proficiency in using Greenhouse
- You believe in the highest recruitment standards, including an incredible candidate experience and a strong partnership with hiring managers
- You are an organized, efficient, and independent self-starter and problem-solver
At Pomelo, we are committed to hiring the best team to improve outcomes for all mothers and babies, regardless of their background. We need diverse perspectives to reflect the diversity of problems we face and the population we serve. We look to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, including but not limited to race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status.