NMI has an exciting opportunity within our Accounting team for a Senior Accountant. This role will support leading month and quarter end close activities while also supporting the Accounting/Finance team on ad-hoc projects. You will work closely with Finance Leadership to streamline the month end close process, owning preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and analysis of results. A successful candidate should be able to work well with a distributed team, be eager to learn, and be able to work independently once given direction. If you are looking to join a motivated and fast-growing Accounting team in an exciting and innovative industry, this role is for you!
- Lead month end close processes, including preparing and reviewing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and accruals to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial statements
- Own specific areas of the GL including fixed assets, intangibles, prepaid expenses and accounts payable
- Prepare month end journal entries with diligent attention to detail and thorough support for each journal entry, including comprehensive documentation and reconciliation
- Assist in preparation of the monthly financial statement packages including review of flux analyses and supporting schedules
- Manage employee T&E reimbursements (in Concur) and respond to employee inquiries
- Ownership of process documentation
- Proactively seek ways to optimize existing accounting and business processes through use of automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching best practices in the industry
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance and support major accounting team initiatives such as centralization of global banking and automation of accounts payable process
- 3-5 years of Accounting experience with a strong understanding of GAAP and financial reporting requirements; Public accounting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- Advanced NetSuite experience
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets (i.e. pivot tables, advanced formulas and data analysis)
- Annual salary of $80,000 - $110,000
- A remote first culture!
- Flex PTO
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Company volunteer days
Do you feel like you have a slightly out of the ordinary career path or history? We are open to all walks of life and very willing to hear your story. Please don’t feel like this should be a barrier to securing a great career at NMI! We appreciate success can come in all shapes and sizes. Fill in the ‘Additional Info’ box on our application to tell us more about your path.