Publishing.com helps normal, everyday, people create meaningful streams of income with books. We are an online-education company that teaches our students how to sell books and audiobooks on Amazon and Audible. We aren’t for authors, but for anyone that would like to create consistent streams of passive income.
Our goal is to be the one-stop shop for everything publishing related. This year we are making massive strides towards achieving this goal by launching our own software. The better we make our products and the more support we give our students, the better we can help them achieve their financial goals.
About the Team:
We are a small agile team consisting of 11 core members that work on Publishing.ai from Engineering and Product Management. Outside of these core members, you will also work closely team members from other departments, including our executive team, as will as our student user base.
What you’ll work on:
- Vision & Strategy:
- Product Vision: Define and refine the product vision, ensuring it remains relevant, compelling, and in alignment with company strategy.
- Market Research: Collaborate with market research teams to stay abreast of industry trends, competitor products, and emerging customer needs.
- Roadmap Development: Create and maintain a product roadmap that outlines the progression and timeline of product enhancements and releases.
- Backlog Management:
- Refinement: Regularly review and refine the product backlog, ensuring items are clearly defined, prioritized, and actionable.
- User Stories: Develop clear and concise user stories that communicate user needs to the development team.
- Acceptance Criteria: Define criteria for each user story, ensuring clear benchmarks for successful implementation.
- Team Collaboration:
- Clarifications: Provide real-time clarifications to the development team, ensuring any ambiguities in user stories are promptly addressed.
- Resource Allocation: Collaborate with the Scrum Master to ensure that the necessary resources, tools, and environments are available for the team.
- Feedback Loop: Foster a two-way feedback loop, being open to suggestions from the development team and ensuring their questions and concerns are addressed.
- Stakeholder Communication:
- Feedback Integration: Collect and analyze feedback from stakeholders, ensuring their needs and concerns are incorporated into the product’s evolution.
- Status Reporting: Provide regular updates on product progress, challenges, and upcoming releases.
- Expectation Management: Manage stakeholder expectations regarding the scope, timelines, and delivery of product features.
- Delivery & Quality:
- Quality Assurance: Collaborate with the QA team to ensure the product meets set standards and all acceptance criteria are fulfilled.
- Release Planning: Plan product releases, ensuring that new features are appropriately tested and documented before launch.
- Review & Acceptance: Actively participate in sprint reviews, evaluating the development team’s deliverables against acceptance criteria, and deciding on feature acceptance or rejection.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Retrospective Participation: Engage in sprint retrospectives, taking feedback on the product development process and implementing improvements.
- Professional Development: Stay updated with training and certifications, ensuring you are equipped with the latest methodologies and tools.
- Process Enhancement: Continually evaluate and refine processes, introducing new tools or methods that can increase efficiency and product quality.
What We Expect From You:
- Communication Skills – Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to serve as a liaison between senior management and the development team.
- Data-driven Problem Solver – Ability to read and interpret data accurately, using internal and external judgments to make data-informed decisions. Data should serve as an integral and deeply embedded part of your decision-making processes.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking Skills – Able to employ strong analytical skills to understand desires of our existing market and identify barriers to extending our service to a larger audience.
- Art of Discernment – Able to look at a problem carefully from all angles to pave the right path forward, putting the customer at the center of your decision.
- Ability to Multitask – Ability to multitask and prioritize activities effectively under aggressive timelines, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to gather and transform business requirements into functional product specifications
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills, as well as attention to detail
- Proven ability to deliver on commitments and timelines
- Ability to clearly define requirements and prioritize requests based upon qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies like Scrum
Requirements for this role:
- 5+ years of experience as a product owner or product manager, ideally with a b2c software with a freemium to paid product.
- Experience with the product discovery process, user story writing, conducting user research, usability testing.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and can easily adapt to changing priorities. You are capable of executing with speed, without compromising on the quality of your work.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, especially while working with cross-functional teams.
- No ego and someone who always strives to learn more. You are willing to do the dirty work, but also proud and willing to help train others up.
- Strong experience with ClickUp, Jira, or other software project management tools
- Experience working in a fully remote team environment.
- As a key member of the agile software team you will lead and contribute to all scrum ceremonies such as stand ups, planning meetings, and refinement sessions.
- Our salary range for this role is from $100k to $130k per year depending on profile, skills, and experience. Outside of this range, but you think this role is a perfect fit for you? please apply anyways!
- Recently recognized as #19 on the Inc 5000’s list of Fastest Growing Private Companies in America for 2023!
- Join a team that was built from its community. Over 80% of our team was hired from our own student community, which is why we care so much about our product!
- We are a completely remote team located worldwide with 100+ employees, and last year generated over $75M in revenue - we are just getting started!
- We have all the fun perks you’d expect—flexible vacation policy, competitive vision, dental and health benefits, 401k plans, and team socials…yes, even remotely!*
- We are proud of our culture and care about it deeply—we live by our team values and are always trying to make Publishing.com a better company today than yesterday.
- We encourage learning, growth, and continuous improvement, so we always look for ways to help our staff grow. From monthly training to hiring mentors, we care about your personal growth!
- If you want to join a team on the ground floor, this is your chance. We have a grand vision for expanding beyond just an education company to become the one-stop shop for everything publishing-related.