At Big Health, our mission is to help millions back to good mental health by providing fully digital, non-drug options for the most common mental health conditions. Our digital therapeutics — Sleepio for insomnia, Daylight for anxiety, and SparkRx for depression — provide treatment anytime, anywhere.
In pursuit of our mission, we’ve pioneered the first at-scale digital therapeutic business model, in partnership with some of the most prominent global healthcare organizations, including CVS Health and the UK’s NHS. Through product innovation, robust clinical evaluation, and a commitment to equity at scale, we are designing the next generation of medicine and the future of mental health care.
Over the next 5-10 years, digital therapeutics (DTx) will transform the delivery of health care worldwide, providing access to safe and effective evidence-based treatments to billions. Big Health is in a prime position to take the lead in this transformation.
Big Health is a remote-first company, and this role can be based anywhere in the US. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet 100% of the job requirements.
As a Lead Product Designer, you’ll help design the next stage of growth and innovation for our products. You’ll design meaningful experiences to engage people during their care journey and set the strategy on how we deliver quality mental health care to millions more people, wherever and whenever they need it.
In this role, you will lead iterative design improvements to our mental health programs, evolving them to increase enrollment, engagement, and effectiveness.
You will also be responsible for planning and executing user experiences for 0 to 1 products as we continue expanding our product portfolio. To do so, you will lead cross-functional design projects, leveraging UX best practices, user insights, product data & analytics, stakeholder feedback, and technology considerations to ensure high-quality work.
- Design easy-to-use mobile experiences that engage patients in their journey with mental health
- Help our teams move fast by building standardized design components, patterns, and libraries
- Partner closely with designers, product managers, clinical experts, engineers, marketers, regulatory advisors, and business leaders to find innovative, elegant, and practical solutions to complex design challenges
- Explore a wide range of creative design solutions, pushing beyond obvious or incremental improvements
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and polished prototypes for testing and iteration
- Produce modern, best-in-class experiences that meet (and often exceed) user expectations
- Consistently elevate the look and feel of our products
- Generate project plans to execute high quality and on-time outcomes that support teams in meeting short-term and long-term growth objectives
- Communicate effectively to explain design decisions, negotiate trade-offs, identify risks, and share learnings
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years proven experience working directly on best-in-class mobile user interfaces
- Proficient using Figma and complementary tools and plug-ins to prototype user flows, transitions, and interactions
- High fluency in iOS and Android patterns and interactions
- Track record of shipping polished design work; ability to navigate constraints and compromises during implementation while maintaining rigorous quality standards
- Ability to frame problems creatively, come up with a wide range of design solutions, and clearly articulate the trade-offs between different options
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative, flexible working style
- Highly organized; able to manage multiple work streams and synthesize feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders within a remote/distributed work setting
Life at Big Health:
- Be part of a team that includes clinical psychologists, software engineers, business leaders and even a former professional magician [shh… it’s a secret].
- Surround yourself with the smartest, most enthusiastic and dedicated people you’ll ever meet, but who listen well, learn from their mistakes and when things go wrong, generously pull together to help each other out.
- Check out our values - they’re a living, breathing part of our culture.
- Enjoy benefits including a generous vacation policy, professional development fund, flexible working locations and more.
- Competitive salary packages including stock options