Job Summary: Owns the relationship held with each customer and serves as an interface between the customer and the Rackspace sales and support infrastructure to ensure the customer’s technical and specialist support needs are met. Owns customer issues from identification to resolution and ensures customers know the value of Fanatical Support. Maximizes the strength of the customer relationship by building a solid rapport with stakeholders in both the client and Rackspace organization, identifying and taking advantage of sales, networking and PR opportunities and managing difficult situations to ensure that Rackspace’s reputation of Fanatical Support is upheld. Partners with Sales to identify, research, and execute on opportunities to leverage the Rackspace product portfolio and to grow customers’ footprint. Has insight and understanding of the customer market position and advises on how Rackspace can be a strategic partner in reaching customer goals and objectives.
Work Location: Remote
- Owns the customer relationship, influencing and interacting and the C-Suite level.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for the delivery of pre- and post-sales services and support to clients/customers, as well as strategic planning 6 months, 1 year and 2 years in advance.
- Manages all facets of customer retention (CRM) including participating in the resolution of customer concerns and defining, developing a customer contact strategy and pricing/growth plans.
- Analyzes operational processes, escalation procedures and performs training needs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery improvements and value add to the customer/clients.
- Develops customer service department procedures.
- Liaises between customers and sales, technical service delivery, and accounting to resolve status, production, delivery and billing inquiries.
- Reviews SLA and ensures structure is in place to deliver on contractual obligations.
- Develops and manages responses, ensuring customer service with speed and accuracy and all client/customer service delivery issues are resolved.
- Uses skills as a seasoned experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. Conducts quarterly business reviews and advises customers on utilization.
- Manages technical resource(s) to solve customer problems and escalations. Negotiates and renews customer contracts.
- Highest level understanding of industry practices as well as company policies and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Rackspace product portfolio.
- Strong ability to communicate technical information and complex technical issues so that others can understand.
- Highest level communication, organization, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Proactive in nature - with a focus on creating strategic 6 month, 1 year, 2 year plans. Ability to have difficult conversations.
- Exhibits excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities, coupled with a desire to take on responsibility.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and qualities.
- Requires 12-15 years of relevant technology solutions experience