City State Entertainment is an independent video game development studio founded in March 2011, in Fairfax, Virginia. The studio embodies an “open office” collaborative process where all team members are expected to contribute to the design and the development process. The team has built a next-generation engine tentatively titled the "Unchained Engine" which is powering their two games in development - Camelot Unchained, a niche RvR old-school MMORPG (currently in Beta) and Final Stand: Ragnarok, a PvE looter-slasher in which teams of any size fight against hordes of NPCs (currently in very Early Access on Steam).
We are looking for an Environmental Artist with a passion for creating high-quality 3D assets and materials with a focus on architectural work. Someone who has experience in set dressing and decoration with an interest in level design.
• Collaborate with art team members to create various beautiful, performant and cohesive level environments.
• Work with leads to improve process and pipeline where found
• Drive collaboration with design and engineering throughout environment development
• Mentor best practices with fellow artists
What we are looking for:
• Knowledge and strong skills in creating architectural 3D assets and texturing skills.
• Interest in level design
• Advanced knowledge and experience using Maya/Max and Substance Painter
• Good understanding of pipeline creating in-game world environments
• Has understanding of art fundamentals and design. Such as shape language, composition, light, color, and detail.
• Strong communicator with an ability to lead small teams
• Willingness to learn and work within a proprietary engine
• Passion for games, specifically MMOs
• 2+ years of experience creating environment assets and/or content
• Hard surface, building and structure modeling skills
• Interest in procedural environments
• Experience with Speedtree
• Embraces learning and refining one’s craft