ConvertKit is a powerful marketing platform built for creators, by creators. We help creators grow and monetize their audience with ease. For coaches, YouTubers, authors, podcasters, and other creatives, there isn’t a better marketing hub to rely on to grow audiences, automate email marketing, and sell digital products - all within one platform. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living.
We’re on a mission to help creators earn $1 billion using our creator marketing platform. We have always been 100% independent and 100% remote. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we look for people who have enthusiasm and belief in our mission, vision, and values to join our team.
The ConvertKit culture is one where emotional intelligence is valued, radical candor is encouraged, and where everyone works together to uphold a set of shared team principles.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineering manager with a strong technical background and people management skills. Your role will involve fostering an empowering team environment, removing obstacles, and promoting growth through feedback and mentorship. You’ll be responsible for driving project execution and aligning team efforts with business goals, while ensuring accountability to commitments.
At ConvertKit, we’re all about building a unique engineering culture that values emotional intelligence and encourages honesty. We believe in working together as a team to uphold a shared set of principles. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with Engineering and Product leadership, Tech Leads, the Product Team, and other Engineering Managers to define and achieve goals. Right now, the team you’ll manage is responsible for creating our new reporting functionality and building out our billing, compliance, fraud, and security systems
- Cultivate an environment where team members are empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership and belonging.
- Be an un-blocker for members of the teams you manage.
- Level up your team through feedback, educational opportunities, personal growth, mentorship, performance management, and promoting psychological safety.
- Drive the execution of work, and hold the team accountable to scoped commitments.
- Place your squad’s work in the context of business goals, and track and measure your team’s progress while helping to define learning objectives for each of your reports.
- Play a crucial role in owning and defining good processes not only within your team, but also across engineering and with cross-functional partners.
- Represent technical considerations and engineering interests with fellow managers and with the executive team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This role is primarily about communicating with others and facilitating amazing work getting done.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a technical leadership role, and at least 3 years of prior experience writing production code at scale.
- Prior experience working in or managing distributed, remote teams.
- Experience using data to understand product usage and make decisions.
- A background in developing applications using Ruby on Rails, and experience with other tools in our technology stack: React, MySQL, Elasticsearch.
- Be committed to building a diverse engineering team that serves as a role model for the software industry.
- Have the ability to foster both high performance and a high degree of psychological safety on the team. This requires strong empathy, communication, and listening skills to understand and advocate for the needs of the team.
- Be comfortable delivering constructive feedback to drive individual growth and fostering productive conflict to seek out the best and most diverse ideas to reach the best solutions for customers.
- Be autonomous and self-motivated to work effectively in a 100% remote company.
- Have enthusiasm for and belief in our mission, vision, and values.
- Live and work primarily in US time zones.
- Attend our bi-annual company retreats
Compensation + Perk + Benefits
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at a level M3 ($175,000) or level M4 ($197,000). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- Profit Sharing
- Twenty (20) days of paid time off during each year of employment
- Paid paid vacation: An after-tax bonus of $1,000 for taking five consecutive days of vacation where you’re fully unplugged from work
- Ten paid holidays a year
- Winter Break Closure: The company will be closed from Christmas through New Year’s, allowing for additional paid time off to enjoy the holiday season. Essential support services will remain available, with teams coordinating to ensure coverage during this period
- Monthly medical benefits up to $1,850 a month toward premiums. Dental and vision premiums covered 100%
- Two weeks of paid sick time each year, including mental health + well being days
- Twelve (12) weeks paid parental leave and flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Childcare benefit up to $3,000 annually
- Up to six weeks of paid bereavement leave, medical leave, and disaster after six months of employment, two weeks of each paid leave in your first six months
- Gender affirming benefits
- $4,000 equipment allowance for your first two years, $3,000 budget every following two years
- Individual learning + development budget ($3,500/year)
- Four-week, paid sabbatical after five years with the team
- Fantastic in-person or virtual retreats with the team twice a year
How to Apply
We know that most people hate interviewing (we relate!). We aim to make it as good of an experience as we can, and part of that includes keeping you informed during the process.
Here’s what you can expect from the process:
- 30 min - Recruiter screen
- 45 min - Hiring Manager screen
- 90 min - Working session with the team
- 60 min - Culture Contribution Chat
- 30 min- Wrap up with Hiring Manager
To get started, complete this application, including answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your responses to our application questions help put your experience into context.