Syniverse is the world’s most connected company. Whether we’re developing the technology that enables intelligent cars to safely react to traffic changes or freeing travelers to explore by keeping their devices online wherever they go, we believe in leading the world forward. Which is why we work with some of the world’s most recognized brands. Eight of the top 10 banks. Four of the top 5 global technology companies. Over 900 communications providers. And how we’re able to provide our incredible talent with an innovative culture and great benefits.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for a Data Scientist to analyze large amounts of raw information to address business challenges and refine our services. We will rely on you to construct supervised/unsupervised machine learning models including supporting ML lifecycle activities in production. Ideally you would be familiar with regression (linear/polynomial regression or decision tree based) as well as classification models (e.g. based on CNNs, LSTMs or BERT) and you will be able to apply both to examine our mobile communication use cases (e.g. anti-fraud).
In this role, you should be highly analytical based on a thorough understanding of math and statistics. Scientific thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data and building solutions. We also want to see a passion for programming, machine-learning, and research.
Your goal will be to help our company to create superior products by using artificial intelligence. Your behaviors align strongly with our values (Seek to Understand, Lead with Yes, Debate, Decide & Do, Think Ahead & Move Fast and Re-imagine the Possibilities), because ours do.
Some of What You’ll Do
Scope of the Role:
- Direct Reports: This is an individual contributor role.
- Work with stakeholders, such as the Engineering and Product Development teams, within Syniverse to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Identify valuable data sources and facilitate collection processes.
- Analyze data to discover trends and patterns using data visualization techniques.
- Preprocessing of structured and unstructured data.
- Build, execute and validate machine-learning models for classification, detection and prediction.
- Propose solutions and strategies for industry challenges (e. g. spam detection).
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Engineering; graduate degree in Math or Data Science is preferred.
- Minimum one year of proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Understanding of machine-learning techniques.
- Knowledge SQL and Python; familiarity with PyTorch is an asset.
- Analytical mind and business acumen.
- Strong math skills (statistics, algebra, calculus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Why You Should Join Us
Join us as we write a new chapter, guided by world-class leadership. Come be a part of an exciting and growing organization where we offer a competitive total compensation, flexible/remote work and with a leadership team committed to fostering an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent organizational culture.
At Syniverse connectedness is at the core of our business. We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion among our employees is crucial to our success as a global company as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people who want to help us connect the world.
Know someone at Syniverse?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position.