Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can excel. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As the Data Engineer, you will apply your expertise in data and analytics to power customer experiences and journeys across channels. You will design, build and govern data model within Customer Data Platform (CDP) that supports Client requirements. You will also configure integrations within platform, within budget and in compliance with Client standards. You will display expertise and present platform-specific best practices and options. You will work in a matrixed environment from project inception to completion. You will report to Customer Data Platform Delivery Lead. This is a remote position.
- You will configure integrations, including (not limited to) MarTech, ad tech and optimization platforms as: Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Meta API, Adobe Target, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, CRM Solutions, Adobe Campaign, Marketo.
- You will collect Client data requirements based on prioritized use cases. Identify data needs from broad partners, develop efficient and scalable data solution to enable personalization at scale.
- You will build designs for, and present solutions for data collection, management, and processing.
- You will present options/considerations for methods for collecting data for identity resolution, consumer journey and experience and analytics.
- You will write optimized data transformations in Analytics tools/Python to generate services consumed by partners such as Marketing Operations, Sales Operations, Analytics, BI and ML/AI teams.
- You will develop datasets, pipelines and Client CDPs to enable advanced segmentation, targeting, automation and analytics.
- You will facilitate data integration and transformation requirements for moving data between applications; ensure interoperability of applications within Client platform(s) with CDP at the core.
- You will evaluate large amounts of existing data sets, data availability and quality and designs solutions that can scale.
- You will deploy final solution to production and provide ongoing support of solution.
- You will diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues related to data consumption and delivery, including profile collapse.
- You will conceptualize and communicate detailed technical concepts to all audiences.
- 3+ years in data management with focus on streaming/digital data
- Adobe Experience Platform Certification (or equivalent)
- Practical/hands-on experience using SQL, Python, API Development
- Knowledge of digital data collection methods (e.g. Data Collections, Data Layers)
- Understanding of:
- Data design and architecture
- XDM & Mix-Ins
- Relational database concepts
- Data management, segmentation, ETL best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or comparable experience
The anticipated salary range for this position is $94,000 - $152,375. Actual salary will be based on a variety of factors including relevant experience, knowledge, skills and other factors permitted by law. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com