Why Work Here?
At Arkatechture, we have a simple shared mission: to build a sustainable organization built upon three pillars: Do something meaningful, With a great team, Earning what you deserve.
We started in 2012 with a passion for data, business, and getting things done. We are a team of data lovers and technical experts who use our skills to help businesses big and small harness, utilize, and optimize their data. As New England’s Data Resource, we are a small company constantly evolving to keep up with changing landscapes in the data world.
We are proud of the community and culture that we’ve created at Arkatechture, and we have no intention of slowing down. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- A flexible work-from-home policy (work 100% remote!)
- Open-concept office in Portland, ME with an easy-going dress code, and fresh pots and pops all day (that’s coffee and popcorn!)
- Training & certificate reimbursement
- A competitive benefits package that includes medical, disability, life insurance and optional dental/vision
- 401K Retirement planning with company matching
- Generous paid time off and eleven paid holidays
- Employee recognition through milestone awards including annual PTO increases, as well as a 4 day work-week at 3 years of service!
All employees share our core values: put the team first, practice humility, take pride in everything we do, stay curious, care for our community & environment, take work seriously; ourselves not so much.
Arkatechture is looking for a detail-oriented and passionate Data Analyst to support our BI and Analytics platform, Arkalytics. Candidates should be excited about helping develop the platform and client implementation processes.
As a Data Analyst on our Implementation Team, you will be responsible for facilitating the seamless deployment and optimization of our SaaS solutions for our clients. You will work closely with clients and internal teams to gather, analyze, transform and visualize data. Data Analysis requires proficiency in interpreting data, technical expertise with SQL, databases, and reporting tools like Tableau or PowerBI. The ideal candidate will be able to interpret and use artifacts like business requirement documents and data mapping or source to target mapping documents. They will be able to work efficiently with the business and technology teams collaborating with the project and program managers.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume with your application. You must submit both documents to be considered for the position. Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Arkatechture we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
- Requirement gathering for Data pipeline integration (ELT) development
- Requirement gathering for Data mapping (business logic)
- Document Source to Target Mappings
- Data Profiling, analyzing source system data and metadata
- Test ELT workflows and provide sign off to Implementation Engineer on integration work for source systems
- Develop and Test (Unit and Integration) Views for Business Conformance layers in SQL
- Facilitate requirements sessions, user training and other client meetings
- Build reference data for hierarchies, lookups and grouping purposes
- Develop and maintain Data Dictionaries and Data lineage documents
- Review SQL code and deliverables of Junior/Peer Data analyst(s)
- Develop /Configure Data visualization using tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Identify, define and implement new process improvement opportunities
- Documentation of processes and workflows
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Expert in SQL
- Strong experience working in any one Database such as Snowflake, Databricks, SQLServer, Oracle etc
- End-to-end understanding of data integration and ETL/ELT processes
- Strong critical and analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, well suited to bridge the language gap between business and technical users
- Excellent technical writing skills and experience documenting business requirements, development specifications and user guides
- Experience working with visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Enthusiastic, learner and driven with a positive attitude
- Mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
- A strong understanding of Agile software development life cycle and methodology
- Experience working on Data Management projects for Data-lakes/Data-warehousing and BI
- Proven success driving projects by asking questions, understanding business requirements and translating them into tangible development tasks
- Understanding of cloud platforms such as AWS
- Experience in working with financial institutions such as Credits Unions and Banks
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket
At Arkatechture, we love data — we play with it and learn from it every day, and we want you to love your data, too.
We are a data consultation and services company specializing in data quality, visualization, and management, as well as customized enterprise-level solutions. We work with companies big and small to help solve their data challenges and reveal how they can leverage their data in brand new ways. Need to collect, clean, or visualize your data? We can help.