Sortly helps organizations track and manage their physical assets with a simplified, intuitive, and visual mobile and web inventory management solution. Sortly’s solutions power thousands of small and medium businesses, music bands and sports teams as well as large global corporations and government entities to organize, automate and gather insights on their physical assets all in one place. Sortly is profitable and growing at a fast pace with distributed teams across four countries and primed to scale in this $20 Billion market. We are looking for a Customer Experience Specialist to join our growing team. This role is remote, anywhere in the US.
Who you are:
You are a Customer Experience Specialist with a strong ability to provide a fantastic customer experience through email, phone, and chat. You are deeply curious about the Sortly product and are excited to understand it. You thrive in fast-moving, growth-oriented business and look forward to growing in your role and taking on more responsibilities as the support motion scales. This is a key role in Sortly’s small but mighty customer experience organization.
What you will do:
This is a full-time role that is perfect for someone who wants to be a utility player in a growing CX department. The position will focus on a few different areas with the possibility of the exact needs changing as the scope of the role evolves:
- Work closely with the Customer Experience Manager to build a world-class customer experience
- Be the first point of contact on 80%+ of inbound support emails (~50 tickets per day)
- Escalate billing tickets appropriately while providing a first touch response to the customer
- Support the CX Manager with the customer knowledge base including updating existing articles, creating new articles, updating video content, updating screen shots
- Support the CX Manager with the Zendesk macro experience and add, remove, and update new macros for team efficiency as needed
- Identify and work with the engineering team to quickly resolve product bugs, keeping the customer informed regarding ETA and providing an update at resolution
- Be a voice of the customer and escalate feature requests to the product team
- As needed, support customers with uploading their existing inventory data into Sortly
- As needed, schedule Zoom technical phone calls with self-service SMB customers if the issue is unable to be resolved over email.
- As needed, schedule 15-minute phone calls to answer product questions.
- Future opportunities to assist in training, onboarding, and motivating new CX hires.
We are looking for someone with previous CX experience, who can become a product expert to work with a wide range of company types and sizes. The key to being successful in this position is the ability to switch between competing priorities and ensure that customers receive a first touch email response within 3 business hours.
We are looking for someone available between 9AM ET - 5PM ET, but we’re open to adjusting those hours a bit for the right individual.
- 2+ years of customer support experience for a software company
- Past experience working with knowledge base, bug reporting, macros, etc.
- Motivated to work in a customer-facing role
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Confident and polished phone skills required, including the ability to adapt communication style and message to target audience
- Proactive and able to alert team to issues
- Ability to balance competing priorities and shift quickly
- A “solutions-oriented” individual
- Can become a product expert and interpret what the user is asking quickly to resolve their issue/answer their question
- Ability to support users who utilize both the Sortly web interface and Sortly apps to manage their inventory
- Previous experience with email, chat, and phone
- Technology enthusiast
- Previous experience working for a SaaS company
- Previous experience using a helpdesk ticketing system (we use Zendesk)
- Previous experience in a fully remote working environment
Perks at Sortly:
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible paid time off
- Holidays and year end holiday shutdown (total 15 days per year)
- 401(k) plan
- Yearly learning & development reimbursement
- Home office set up reimbursement
- Remote-first team
- Semi-annual off-site retreats