Stord’s mission is to make supply chains a competitive advantage with best-in-class port-to-porch logistics combined with the integrated technology that brands need to connect, orchestrate, and optimize their supply chains. We’ve pioneered Cloud Supply Chain, which combines all of the digital and physical elements of logistics that leading businesses need in a unified offering.
With Cloud Supply Chain, Stord is enabling companies to compete and grow with world-class logistics – including warehousing, freight and fulfillment – in a single, integrated platform that’s available exactly when and where they need it. Hundreds of B2B and B2C companies like Body Armor, Advanced AutoParts and Dollar General use Stord to make their supply chains perform with the speed, flexibility and ease of the cloud.
Our rapidly growing team is headquartered in the heart of Atlanta’s vibrant tech community and is led by former operators from Amazon, XPO, Ryder, Coyote, Convoy, and Manhattan Associates. Stord is backed by over $325M in funding from Kleiner Perkins, BOND, Founders Fund, D1 Capital, Salesforce Ventures, Susa Ventures, Lux Capital, Lineage Logistics, and Franklin Templeton Investments at a unicorn valuation of over $1.3 billion.
Come help us help businesses out-deliver their competition with Cloud Supply Chain.
About The Corporate Accounting Director Position
We are seeking a Director of Corporate Accounting to take the helm of our financial operations, overseeing the general ledger, month-end close process, and playing a direct role in managing SG&A expenses. As a key member of our team, you will own technical accounting areas such as revenue recognition and equity accounting, while also contributing to tax compliance and leading the coordination of our annual audit. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of experience from high-growth, dynamic companies, demonstrating expertise in building and enhancing financial close processes. We value strong judgment, the ability to operate independently, and seek individuals who can forge cross-functional partnerships and collaborate effectively. Join us in this leadership role, driving excellence in corporate accounting and contributing to our ongoing success.
What You’ll Do
Financial Operations Leadership:
- Drive the month-end close process, conducting variance analysis, and leading review meetings
- Partner closely with billing and accounts payable teams on timing and process
- Streamline the calendar and implement efficiency measures to reduce the close and provide transparent, repeatable processes supported by appropriate documentation
- Review contracts to identify complex accounting issues.
- Evaluate new or existing business transactions and processes.
- Draft clear and concise accounting memos to document positions taken.
- Perform technical accounting research and analysis for new guidance, focusing on revenue recognition and leases.
- Liaise with external auditors for year-end audits.
- Coordinate the preparation of audit schedules for a smooth audit process.
- Prepare annual financial statements and disclosure checklists to ensure accurate and compliant reporting.
- Provide leadership through coaching, mentoring, career development, and performance management.
- Actively inspire and cultivate the potential of the team.
- Identify training and growth opportunities
- Provide support for M&A transactions, including the review of valuation reports and purchase accounting.
- Partner on tax and treasury
What You’ll Need
- CPA certification required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related studies
- 10+ years in corporate accounting, last serving in an autonomous leadership role with ownership and accountability of department deliverables, judgment calls, and highly impactful business activities
- Experience managing and leading highly effective teams
- Public Accounting experience or experience with technical accounting in a corporate environment
- Experience with Netsuite required; experience with Coupa and Essbase is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-motivated spirit with strong strategic skills
- Experience handling confidential information and matters with discretion
Our team is passionate about sitting at the intersection of enterprise technology and global logistics. The Stord company culture is electric, and we are proud to offer a career experience that will make you excited to come to work every day. We are creating an environment of continuous improvement through collaboration and diverse thinking by solving challenging problems and working with talented and smart colleagues. At Stord you will have daily opportunities to learn and inspire those around you. You will be surrounded by a team of self-starters who are motivated to have an impact through driving results.
Below are a few perks of joining our team:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Friendly, Passionate, and Intelligent Employee Base
- Creative Problem Solving and Entrepreneurial Thinking
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Low-Ego, Solution-Driven Culture
- Community Involvement and Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee Resource Groups: Women of Stord, JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion), Stord-Serves, & More
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) option
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - Mental Health Resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Gym Stipend
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- And more!