Location: Douglas & WFH available
Reporting to: Head of IOM Operations
Working closely with: Accounting/Finance & Compliance
We are currently experiencing substantial growth in our business and seek to strengthen our team with additional talent for our Isle of Man location. As a Bookkeeper at Rivalry, your role will be instrumental in upholding precise financial records and providing invaluable support to our organization’s financial operations. Join us in our journey, and be a pivotal part of our team.
- Accurately record all financial transactions, including accounts payable and receivable, payment service provider reconciliations, on a daily basis.
- Maintain and reconcile bank statements and other financial accounts.
- Prepare and process invoices, expenses, and payments.
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles and company policies.
- Prepare financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements for monthly and quarterly board meetings and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and maintain general ledger entries and ensure accurate recording of financial data.
- Conduct regular internal audits to identify and rectify discrepancies.
- Assist with financial reporting to management and stakeholders.
- Prepare and maintain VAT schedules to ensure compliance.
- Submit VAT returns accurately and on time.
- Online Gambling Duty Returns preparation and submissions.
- Analyse and reconcile financial transactions between different intergroup entities.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to ensure accurate intergroup accounting.
- Prepare and maintain minutes of meetings and resolutions.
- Assist with administrative tasks to support smooth company operations.
- Proven experience as a Bookkeeper, preferably in the Online Gambling industry.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, bookkeeping practices, and financial reporting.
- Proficiency in using accounting software and tools.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with tax regulations related to online gambling and VAT requirements.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
- Relevant certifications in bookkeeping or accounting.
- We offer a competitive salary and total rewards package including stock options (we believe it’s important for our people to own a piece of the company and share in our success).
- A chance to work in one of the most exciting and rapidly growing industries
- Work with an extremely talented team who share a love for video games and esports on truly innovative projects; we’re not your typical online sports betting site.
- See your performance in real time, be part of a supportive team with a focus on training, coaching and continual improvement, and benefit from yearly salary reviews.
- Work from almost anywhere in the world.
- Paid Vacation and Holidays.
- Benefits plan in Canada, Benefits Stipend outside of Canada.
- Transparent, candid, effective, driven colleagues.
- Career and personal growth prioritized by management.
- Every Rivalry employee gets a monthly “hobby” stipend, which includes Video Games!
Rivalry is an esports/sports betting and entertainment startup on the hunt to revolutionize an entire industry. We exists to grow esports, from the grassroots communities to the professional players and leagues.
Driven by our passion for games, we are delivering the most comprehensive offerings and product innovations to a new generation of players. All while being deeply committed to responsible betting.