Biograph is the world’s first healthcare technology company focused on helping individuals live better longer. Our approach, the Biograph Method, leverages state-of-the-art technology and a world class multidisciplinary provider team to build a digital signature of health and to unlock unique, personalized insights. All of this is delivered in the setting of our world class facility where we provide an unparalleled luxury experience. Our rapidly growing start-up is an ideal environment for a team member who is highly motivated, creative and likes to think outside of the box. You will put your skills to use to help build and establish a platform that will completely change the world of healthcare.
Biograph is looking for a self-motivated accountant to join our team. Reporting to our Head of Operations, you will play an important role in managing our company’s financial operations and helping establish best practices as the company scales, with plenty of room for individual growth in an early stage startup environment. The Accountant will manage all daily, weekly, and monthly accounting tasks. This could be the ideal position for you if you are a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating financial statements, cash flow projections, and budgets for monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
The Accountant should be detail-oriented yet efficient, comfortable in a dynamic work environment, and a proactive communicator to ensure the company’s consolidated financial statements are prepared accurately and in a timely manner. Ultimately, you will provide accurate quantitative information on the financial performance, liquidity, and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all GAAP and tax regulations and procedures.
- Book entries and complete reconciliations for several areas of month-end close, including receivables, accruals, refunds/cancellations, depreciation/amortization, etc.
- Own accounts payable processes, including invoice review and approval, weekly payment preparation and processing, vendor communications, and new vendor set-up
- Process corporate card and personal expense reports and assist with the administration of our expense platforms
- Publish financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, statement of cash flows) in a timely manner for monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Refine revenue and expense accruals to more accurately predict monthly performance and provide near real-time reporting on the financial performance of the business
- Assist Head of Operations in developing budgets, forecasts, and reports on the company’s financial health and liquidity on a regular basis
- Prepare tax returns and ensure compliance with financial policies and regulations
- Assist with preparing for annual financial audits
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of recent and relevant accounting experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting, invoicing, and expense management software such as QuickBooks, Bill.com, and Expensify
- Experience with annual audit processes
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Experience with managing general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail, communications and analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Additional certification (CPA) is a plus
- Prefer candidates who live in either the Bay Area or New York area
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid maternity / paternity leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Biograph Membership
We are aiming to completely disrupt the traditional healthcare system by shifting the focus to proactively optimizing health. We can’t sit around idle while millions of people suffer from preventable disease. You can be a major part of the story behind one of the most ambitious startup attempts of the past decade and work with a team of people who want to use their talents for the betterment of society.