It’s a busy day at Athennian… and you’re in the middle of mapping out the buying committee for a fast-moving opportunity, which is just one of your personal 200+ target accounts.
Thanks to the music streaming into your headset, you find it easy to focus. At the same time, you seamlessly glide from LinkedIn Sales Navigator to HubSpot to Gong to learn more about the Ideal Customer Profile decision-makers with whom you’ll build human-to-human relationships over the coming days and weeks.
This is different from your average sales job opportunity. Keep reading to find out why.
Athennian is a technology company that increases trust in business. Our products help legal, finance, and tax teams be transaction and audit-ready by organizing business entity and corporate structure information. Over 370,000 business entities in almost every country are managed on Athennian to automate workflows for ownership, company secretarial, governance, tax, and compliance. Headquartered in Calgary with offices in Toronto and Vancouver and remote co-workers throughout North America, it’s fair to say we live on our Slack channel rather than in a physical space.
This is an opportunity to join a well-funded, fast-growing legal tech startup; we are looking for a hungry and curious talent passionate about growing the business together and we are open to your location being based in the USA or Canada.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, this role requires a proven track record of success in sales and an eagerness to work in a fast-paced start-up with significant accountability. You will be on the front lines of growing Athennian’s market share. You are an expert at managing the full sales cycle, especially qualifying, consulting, proposing, and closing new business.
You will focus on bringing new logos to our company that meet our defined ICP. We have a product-market fit, and it’s time to increase our market share. A market that is 99% serviced by in-house systems and Excel spreadsheets.
Excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously are essential for this role. You must be an A-team player, self-motivated, and driven to win.
What is a typical day at Athennian like for Enterprise Account Executives? Aka Responsibilities:
- Understanding our technology product set to communicate our value proposition to prospects. We have sales engineers and other genuine experts on the team, but we expect you to learn what we can do and why we are valuable to our customers.
- Generate and own a pipeline of qualified sales opportunities with key prospects. You will be expected to generate some of your own opportunities. Don’t get us wrong; we have marketing and a healthy inbound lead funnel, but we want to hire people who can hunt as well.
- Gain a consultative sales approach and manage complex B2B sales cycles while effectively communicating the Athennian value proposition to C-level executives.
- Build an active relationship with potential clients through phone calls, email, and in-person visits.
- Own the negotiation process with prospects, including contracting, deal terms, and final legal review with our CEO and VP of Sales.
- Collaborate with leadership to translate market feedback into our go-to-market approach and product roadmap.
- Be proactive in communicating cross-functionally with the whole company, especially with our Product, Success, and Marketing teams.
- Adjusting content of sales presentations by studying the type of customer profile, regulatory environment, and business models.
- Monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, and delivery schedules.
- Run early-stage product demonstrations and accurate scope requirements before more complex Solution Consultant demonstrations.
- Become comfortable following a MEDDPIC framework.
What is Athennian looking for when hiring an Enterprise Account Executive?
- We are looking for a person who is willing and hungry to learn all about Athennian and, most importantly, understand WHY a prospect/customer would want to work with us.
- Can you anticipate the prospect’s needs and prescribe clear next steps? Do you want to collaborate with your peers but also lead your book of business?
In Order To Be Considered For The Role:
- 5 years of proven consultative sales experience selling to C-level with a demonstrated ability to build a pipeline, qualify a high volume of new opportunities, and close deals.
- Experience selling SAAS solutions is highly desirable.
- Experience using a modern sales stack (HubSpot, Outreach, Gong, Sales Navigator, etc.)
- Experience handling software contract terms, procurement processes, RFP and proposal writing.
- Strong business acumen, executive conversational ability and negotiation skills.
- Accurate sales forecasting skills.
- Experience in a quota-carrying role; responsible for meeting and exceeding a quarterly goal.
Success in this Role is Measured by:
- Meeting quota and other OKRs.
- Good corporate citizenship and demonstrating cultural stewardship.
In this role, at 3 months, you will have:
- A healthy and growing pipeline of new sales opportunities.
- Grow, collaborate, and build strong relationships with peers and other partners across the organization.
- Ability to run short, simple product demonstrations.
- Signed your first new client(s).
In this role, at 6 months, you will have:
- A robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Ability to run initial product demonstrations.
- Be signing new clients every month.
- Be contributing new ideas and value back to your peers.
- Be working toward signing several significant new clients in the range of $150k-$400k.
- Be competing for the top quarterly performer.
In this role, at 12 months, you will have:
- Expert domain and product knowledge.
- Be viewed internally as a leader, helping new team members ramp up.
- Be significantly and consistently exceeding a $1m+ annual sales target.
What We Provide
High growth and learning environment where you can take ownership of all aspects of product management and grow your career via key contributions at the right time. An opportunity to make a significant impact in the industry through bringing disruptive products to market. Competitive compensation package. Flexible work environment with hybrid of in-office and remote work.
We believe incredible teams can solve any problem and we strive to be an inclusive workplace where ideas thrive. We are first and foremost an organization of people who are passionate about learning, building, and sharing software to transform the legal industry. Our team members thrive when they’re passionate about what they do. We strive to create an engaging environment with challenging tasks, foster meaningful relationships with colleagues, and encourage each other to become the best we can be. Whether you want to customize your workspace, share your latest hobby with the team, or broaden your horizons with a specific project, we have a wealth of opportunities to keep you growing and learning. We’re here to help you become the best version of yourself, all while having fun and connecting with coworkers.
Diligent Builder: Ability to design and build scalable systems
Focused Creative: Strategic mind with a solution first attitude and uses data to navigate the next steps
Ambitious Learner: Eager to take on new challenges and present innovative solutions
Champion Mindset: We set ambitious goals and hustle to make them happen